Thread: If i have my 6 month old bulldog testicles removed will it affect his growth and development?

Real Name
    Jason
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Default If i have my 6 month old bulldog testicles removed will it affect his growth and development?

Hi all, i am really concerned about my 6 months old dogs testicles. They are no were to be seen and the vet has advised getting them removed to avoid cancer of the testicles. If i do this at his age will it affect his overall size as an adult?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: If i have my 6 month old bulldog testicles removed will it affect his growth and development?

No it will not. I'm surprised that they are telling you this before they have even seen him.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: If i have my 6 month old bulldog testicles removed will it affect his growth and development?

Although I'm not an expert. I've had three male bulldogs now. Two were neutered early. One was never altered. My first two (1 altered, 1 not) both were 75 lb babies. I've just had Bocephus neutered at 6 months and he's still growing.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Jason
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    No it will not. I'm surprised that they are telling you this before they have even seen him.
    Hi thanks for replying. Do you personally think there might be a chance that they can still drop? He has only just turned 6 months old.....

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post
    Hi thanks for replying. Do you personally think there might be a chance that they can still drop? He has only just turned 6 months old.....
    I do, my bulldogs second one didn't drop until he turned 9 months old. If I were you I would get the vet to look at him first and then go from there, they shouldn't tell you to have them surgically removed before seeing him first.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I do, my bulldogs second one didn't drop until he turned 9 months old. If I were you I would get the vet to look at him first and then go from there, they shouldn't tell you to have them surgically removed before seeing him first.
    I think he is saying the testees are no where to be seen, not that the dog has not been seen by a vet
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I think I would see if they start to drop in a few months, and if they do, then have him neutered, it is cheaper and easier on him then. It will not affect his growth, one way or the other.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Jason
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Thanks very much for all your help and advice everyone. Its very much appreciated!

Remove Ads