If i have my 6 month old bulldog testicles removed will it affect his growth and development?

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi all, i am really concerned about my 6 months old dogs testicles. They are no were to be seen and the vet has advised getting them removed to avoid cancer of the testicles. If i do this at his age will it affect his overall size as an adult?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No it will not. I'm surprised that they are telling you this before they have even seen him.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Although I'm not an expert. I've had three male bulldogs now. Two were neutered early. One was never altered. My first two (1 altered, 1 not) both were 75 lb babies. I've just had Bocephus neutered at 6 months and he's still growing.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi thanks for replying. Do you personally think there might be a chance that they can still drop? He has only just turned 6 months old.....

I do, my bulldogs second one didn't drop until he turned 9 months old. If I were you I would get the vet to look at him first and then go from there, they shouldn't tell you to have them surgically removed before seeing him first.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I do, my bulldogs second one didn't drop until he turned 9 months old. If I were you I would get the vet to look at him first and then go from there, they shouldn't tell you to have them surgically removed before seeing him first.
I think he is saying the testees are no where to be seen, not that the dog has not been seen by a vet

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think I would see if they start to drop in a few months, and if they do, then have him neutered, it is cheaper and easier on him then. It will not affect his growth, one way or the other.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.