I need help

Sherry3102

Mar 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My English Bulldog Dozer will be 8 months old in a week. We are having issues with allergies/ rashes. When we first got him we fed him Royal Canine. He started losing his hair & getting red bumps & rash on his belly. He has lost several patches of hair. I recently changed his food to Blue Wilderness Duck & Potato. He's still losing hair horribly! We took him to the Vet & they gave him a shot & a round of antibiotics. Didn't help. I purchased shampoo with chlorahexadine to bath him in, chlorahexadine wipes, salmon oil to put on his food and nothing helps. I could sweep my floors 3 times a day & get a full dustpan each time!!! I don't know what else to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 146

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Have they done any skin tests for stuff like mange?

OP
S

Sherry3102

Mar 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
No we haven't done any tests for mange.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm I would say that they need to do a skin test to rule out mange… I guess it could be food related, but since you mentioned only on his belly it could be an allergic reaction to grass? Do you have a lot of pollen in your area? My Bella would get seasonal allopecia every spring… but that was more located to her flank areas. Any change in soap powder, floor cleaners, febreeze or anything that he could lay on?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
totally a food allergy..... i would look for a food that is grain and chicken free... also instead of salmon oil, use coconut oil. My girl has issue with salmon and chicken.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
totally a food allergy..... i would look for a food that is grain and chicken free... also instead of salmon oil, use coconut oil. My girl has issue with salmon and chicken.

def agree with this. Try switching to fromms grain free. Or even if you want to stay with blue wilderness they have a grain free line.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry he is going through all of this, he's a really beautiful boy. I agree with the above that he needs to be put on a grain free diet he may be allergic to the potatoes that's in the food. The oil that you're adding now will definitely cut down on the shedding. Plain yogurt would be good for him too as it's a probiotic. Hopefully the shots they gave him will help a lot. Please us updated. :)

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
Hi! Please keep us updated! Maruko got same red spots as yours, I thought its allergy or skin infection but coming from vet today, it's mange...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.