Help Needed! 6 month old bulldog with no testicles? I cant see anything!

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi all, my question is in the title - is this normal? will they show as he starts to get a bit older? He has just turned 6 months old...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They should show at least one of them should. I would ask the vet the next time you take him in.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you had him since he was a pup? If not-he may have been castrated. If so, they may just be taking longer to drop-though they should be dropped by now. I would guess if they are not dropped by the time he is a year old, they will have to be surgically removed, as they can become cancerous. Have your vet feel for them when you go.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jason, looks like Lynn has you covered. I was going to ask you the same question, if you just got him, he may have been neutered already, although he is still young. Neutering is generally done at 6 mos and older, but can be done sooner.
If you've had him since a puppy, I would have your vet check him, and he can keep a watch on them to see if they are there and when and if they drop. If they don't drop, he can do surgery to find them, or remove them if you decide to neuter him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you had him since he was a pup? If not-he may have been castrated. If so, they may just be taking longer to drop-though they should be dropped by now. I would guess if they are not dropped by the time he is a year old, they will have to be surgically removed, as they can become cancerous. Have your vet feel for them when you go.

AGREED!!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Agree with everyone else. Ask your vet, sometimes they have to surgically get to them

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], I seen you on TV the other night, a little girl googled a neutering clinic and sent them to the car, Mother and you got in the SUV, and the little girl asked her mother what "Neutering" meant, as she pronounced it the best she could as the lady was Shussshing the little girl, and you jumped out the back window on the run..... lol best commercial I seen in a long time.... and you were looking good in your leap too buddy !!!! :no:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@Chumley, I seen you on TV the other night, a little girl googled a neutering clinic and sent them to the car, Mother and you got in the SUV, and the little girl asked her mother what "Neutering" meant, as she pronounced it the best she could as the lady was Shussshing the little girl, and you jumped out the back window on the run..... lol best commercial I seen in a long time.... and you were looking good in your leap too buddy !!!! :no:
yes that's a great commercial Dave! I laugh every time I see it! (Nice to have you back)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], I figured you would enjoy me sneaking up on you, and busting your balls, (Selective Neutering) hahahahaha You didn't think I was paying attention did ya? Hope you enjoy your pictures.... :yes: Their also all over your Facebook page.... Wanted to make sure you didn't miss them lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yay! The boys are at it again, the thread has been hijacked! :happydance:

About the testicles, they usually drop by 6 months. If you roll him over do you find any? Sometimes it can take longer, but you will want to get him fixed if they don't before he's a year old, so they can find them and remove them. I heard they can cause problems if they are not removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi everyone, thanks for your answers. I have had him since he was a pup, he is 6 months old now. He has just got cherry eye as well, im not having much luck am i :(

Just to clarify he has no testicles at all! we cant see anything it just looks like a smooth surface.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you feel around his groin area pressing on him-even up to his belly-you may feel something that feels like small eggs. They are in there somewhere. I guess it's possible-but I have never heard of a male being born with absolutely NO testicles. -Save some comments from @Chumley about Casper.:) Your vet will know when he checks him.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I would possibly contact the person you got him from and ask if they had his neutered

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.