Help Needed! Pyoderma - Dust-mites and storage mite allergies!!!! Please Help!!

Lausooo

Apr 22, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Can anyone please help?! I found out at the end of last year after months of investigating my 2 and half year old bulldog George is allergic to dustmites and storage mites. After removing the carpet, buying a new Hoover, cleaning madly, throwing anything old out, buying a air tight container for his food, basically doing everything possible he has been ok for a few months. Now unfortunately his skin is flaring up, he is getting his hot spots back, fur is falling out and his paws are so sore so everything seems to be coming back again. I'm taking him to the vets to get some antibiotics because when he was having them it seem the only thing that worked to take hold of the infection but is there anything else I can do, any other creams or lotions or anything I can do or give him to stop it taking over his skin again. It was awful when we didn't know what he was allergic too his skin was so bad and I don't want it to go back to the way it was. He is constantly itching, going round in circles growling at me to itch him? Im not giving him steroids as when we was going through the whole investigating the vet gave him them and they made his breathing bad and he was aggressive! He has got Pyoderma and I know it's secondary so it will never go away but if anyone could help with what will make my Georgie boy comfortable and keeping his skin condition under control I'd really appreciate your comments and advice.

Thank you so much (sorry for the essay:D)

Laura

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... if you are feeding kibble, you are feeding him storage mites. They are in everything which we all recently learned her [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] (thanks!) You may need to think about feeding raw or home cooked foods

Welcome to EBN!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Welcome to my world!!! Bodie has the same allergies along with an allergy to grass too. He's 4 and we've been dealing with this for 3+ years. It's very frustrating. We've been to countless vet dermatologists and to NC State vets to no avail. Same as with George, antibiotics seem to clear him up but not for long, then BAM! Broke out all over his body. Bodie is the worst he's ever been right now, we've tried EVERYTHING, even Atopica, which didn't help at all. Our next step is changing to either raw or cooked food...

BullyLove!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.