Update on Bocephus and his surgery for scrolled eye cartilage

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers while Bocephus went through his eye surgery on Friday. The surgeries (one in each eye) went well and he's recovering. He hates the cone, it hits the ground when he walks and he is CONSTANTLY hitting me in the shins with it when he's following me around. Honestly, it's like letting your toddler push the grocery cart in the store and then walking in front of it - I've already got bruises.

Both his eyes are currently sutured shut and will stay that way until we go back to surgeon on May 1st. He doesn't seem to be in an excessive amount of pain, I've been giving him his prescription meds twice a day. I'm also wiping any discharge from his eyes, the surgeon said this would be normal. Here is how he looked on Friday right after the surgery, the stitches are blue and you can see them in the corners of his eyes. The left eye was much worse than the right.

bocephus after surgery.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor love, my prayers are with him & you that his recovery be quick.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Poor baby, prayers for a speedy recovery! I would hate to wear a cone all day too

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwe poor guy, thank you for the update. Hugs and prayers for a fast recovery. :assurred:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Bocephus. Hoping his recovery is quick and comfortable for him. I'm glad that the surgery went well, and he's on the road to recovery now. I've seen a soft cone on a dog after surgery, it looks a little more comfy, could he use one of those instead of the hard ones? Love, hugs and prayers. Feel better Buddy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad everything went well and he is doing good. They make a soft cone that is better on him and you. :)

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
oh how handsome! its soo great to know it went well. he will recover in no time! then he will be happy to enjoy such nice weather :]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
poor sweet baby.... hope he heals up quickly --- your legs can't take a long recovery :)

Thanks for the update -- so happy all went well

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thank you all. He seems to be adapting to the cone a little better. I did buy a soft cone for him but he quickly figured out how to bend it against the side of the couch and rub his eyes. He's going to be stuck i in the hard plastic one for the next 9 days so he can heal properly. I do take it off of him if I'm on the couch with him and he's relaxing and when he eats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online