Help Needed! Where are they coming from?!

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Hi all hope you had a happy Easter! Need some advise as I'm living in France and can't communicate as much as I want to with the French vets regarding my girl bully! I've had her at the vet a couple of weeks ago with allergies and a reddish nose rope. She has 2 antihistamine shots and I had to clean her nose with a watered down Betadine solution which seems to be working. I've just noticed scabs appearing on her head and she scratches them sometimes til they bleed! Is this allergy related? It's spring here in France but had no idea allergies could cause this? I feel so sorry for her. Should I take her to the vet again or is there something I can do for her? Please help!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It could be allergies or it could be something else entirely. Can you post some pictures of her nose rope and the scabs on her head?

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
image.jpgimage.jpg@Marine91 Her nose looks a lot better than before. It had a whitish sticky gunk inside. I thought it was a yeast infection bit the vet said it was an infection from allergies

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It can be allergies from environmental factors or it can be caused from allergies to her food. Which brand of dog food are you currently feeding her? My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we switched her food 4 times before we found a brand that she tolerated and didn't cause skin issues, hives or diarrhea. She has been on Fromm's Beef Frittata for 18 months and does really well on this food. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, allergies.... my French Bulldog gets them on his forehead and just above his nose. Almost like a heat rash, but sores --- i wipe it each day with witch hazel

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online