Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy to hear good news about Frank! Good idea to ask for something to calm him at home,so he doesn't get overstimulated. Good for you Frank-keep up the steady improvement!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yay Frank!!!! I knew you could do it!!!! Mattie is sending smooshy faced kisses his way Erin...

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I panic when I can't find this thread amongst all the rest! So glad that he seems to be improving little by little. We are all pulling for you Frank! 😃❤️🙏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So happy he can finally go home! Yehey Frank keep fighting little man! I'm so relieved about this news. Still sending good thoughts your way and Frank.

Amyp325

Apr 23, 2014
Yes very happy to hear Frank is recovering and doing much better! I hope the vet can help with a suggestion to try and keep him a bit calmer as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
The vet wants to try discharging Frank this afternoon. He said Frank is eating well, drinking well, and is completely off oxygen and his levels are good. He said Frank is relaxed when he is there. He was just concerned, as we are too, that he would get too excited seeing us and that the car ride home would be tough. So what he is going to do is prescribe Frank some Xanax. I am going over there after work this afternoon and he is going to give Frank the Xanax when I get there and we are going to see if he seems to relax enough to tolerate the car ride.

I am hoping that if we just get him through the ride home okay and he gets home, he will relax in his own environment with all of his beds and toys and familiar smells.
I am so happy beyond anything that he has pulled through. I feel like we just have this one obstacle to overcome and he can get back to recovering fully!

I can't thank everyone enough for their support and for following Frank's progress through all the ups and downs and for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and cheering him on. It means the world to us.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
yehey Frank can go home!!! I also do believe he would heal much better and faster at home with family. Really so happy he pulled through. boy you owe him some big time treats when he's back to his normal self ;). Fingers crossed he doesn't get too stressed nor too excited on the way home. hugs to you and Frank.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Such wonderful news! I am so happy for you and Frank-and his daddy! Your vet sounds like a great Dr. and a caring one. Frank's life has been saved-thanks to that Dr., and many many prayers. GO Frank! Stay strong-calm down and hug your mom!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Great news. Well done frank.
Home for the weekend, just in time to be spoiled 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, the vet staff there has been amazing. I think if I can just get him home and then just have a relaxing weekend where he sleeps and heals and I watch him to make sure he is okay, would be the best thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The vet wants to try discharging Frank this afternoon. He said Frank is eating well, drinking well, and is completely off oxygen and his levels are good. He said Frank is relaxed when he is there. He was just concerned, as we are too, that he would get too excited seeing us and that the car ride home would be tough. So what he is going to do is prescribe Frank some Xanax. I am going over there after work this afternoon and he is going to give Frank the Xanax when I get there and we are going to see if he seems to relax enough to tolerate the car ride.

I am hoping that if we just get him through the ride home okay and he gets home, he will relax in his own environment with all of his beds and toys and familiar smells.
I am so happy beyond anything that he has pulled through. I feel like we just have this one obstacle to overcome and he can get back to recovering fully!

I can't thank everyone enough for their support and for following Frank's progress through all the ups and downs and for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and cheering him on. It means the world to us.

Fantastic news..... best of luck and hope he is able to stay calm in order to get home without any issue! :pray:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, the vet staff there has been amazing. I think if I can just get him home and then just have a relaxing weekend where he sleeps and heals and I watch him to make sure he is okay, would be the best thing.

:up::up: that WOULD be the best thing of all. I'm so happy that you have a great vet office.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so happy to hear Frank is ready to go home. He will do great with the xanex. It will really help him relax. He will be so happy to be home. I would continue giving him the xanex for a bit at home while he is healing. I'm not sure what the temp is there but if it is warm I would put the air conditioning on low maybe so he doesn't get too hot?? maybe ask the vet and see what they say.

stevemorris13

Apr 25, 2014
Morgantown, WV
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Karl
This story is so great to read. I'm so happy that Frank has recovered! My bully, Karl, is at the emergency vet now being treated for Pneumonia. He's been pretty sick for that past few weeks and my local vet hasn't really been able to do much. I'm really hoping for the best, but the vet tells me it's pretty bad and wouldn't give me a good answer on if he will make it through treatment. I'm going to stay optomistic though after reading about this wonderful outcome.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] we worry about Lola during car rides too. The key is for you to keep calm. I find it hard but I know you can do it! So happy that he's on his way home.

sent from my droid mini

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.