Frank is at the emergency vet - so worried

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Yahoo Frank!!! Still sending those prayers to you all! Keep going Frank!!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So happy with this bit of news!! Go Frank!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Happy tears for you, Frank...Cami has sat by my side all week, trying
to comfort Mom, clearly upset. As Mom started smiling again, she's
laid out across the bed, snoring...her job done :) GO FRANK!
Continued prayers for fast improvements~Sending Love to All <3

Amyp325

Apr 23, 2014
I have also been checking in on how your family and Frank are doing. My prayers are with you and I hope everything goes well!!! I can not imagine what you all have been through but just keep positive and strong for your baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to read this… been out all day. We are still praying for Frank :pray: Please keep us posted!!!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I just logged in to check this post. I have been so extremely busy Ive been a little absent i feel from the forums but I made a special second to read the updates on here and I couldnt be happier! go frank! this little man is going to fight this through <3 Keep us posted. I feel relieved that he is getting better. He sounds like he is going to pull through this in no time. What a strong little guy he is. Gotta love him!!!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Just checking in. Has anyone heard anything? Looks like it's been about 10 hours since her last update. Hoping it's because she is home snuggling Frank!! 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Hope Frank is doing well. I just read this and was getting freaked out. Please let us know how your sweet boy is doing.

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We just got back from visiting Frank. The vet had called earlier, around 4pm, and said he was extremely pleased with Frank's progress during the day. He still needs a bit of oxygen support, but was walking around and went outside to pee. He is also eating well and drinking well with minimal spitting up. He basically said that if everything went well overnight and tomorrow, that Frank might be able to come home Friday afternoon. The vet also encouraged us to visit him and see how comfortable we feel with Frank coming home.

I had to teach a lab this evening but as soon as it was over, my husband and I went to see Frank around 7:30. We sat on the floor in a room and a vet tech brought in Frank. We could hear him coming down the hall as his breathing was pretty loud. He saw us and came right over and wanted to lick our faces and jump up on me, but we could tell he was very anxious and his breathing was getting labored. He seemed like he was trying to calm down but was pretty agitated. We kept petting him and telling him what a good boy he was and saying all the things we normally say to him, but after about five minutes, we called the vet tech because he wasn't calming down.

We spoke to the night vet before leaving and she said they were trying to get him to breathe oxygen and calm down on his own. She said they will just continue to closely monitor him and try to get him calm without sedation. We are going to call before we go to bed to see if he managed to calm down on his own.

I want to take him home but am so worried that his anxiety will cause him to relapse. I guess we will just see how he does overnight and tomorrow. It was so great to see him up and about and be able to hold him a little. I just feel so bad that he is having to deal with so much.

Thank you all so much for your amazing words of support and encouragement. The vet did say today that for dogs to come off ventilators, especially bulldogs, is tough work and takes significant time to recover. I just so badly want my baby bear to be back to his normal self and home again.

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I forgot to add if anyone has any suggestions for decreasing his anxiety/overexcitement when seeing us. We are just so worried about him going into a breathing struggle cycle if he gets too worked up when he sees us.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Maybe they can send him home with doggy xanex or something like that to keep him calm for a while? I'm glad you were able to see him.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for giving such timely updates, Erin...don't know how you
manage this and everything else. Here at my house, I've done nothing
but check in here and pray as have several other members. Frank has
just captured our hearts, like our own bullies, he's such a warrior! Cami
is won out from being right beside me, consoling me. Today, as I relaxed
a bit from your good report, she finally laid out & caught up on her beauty
sleep ;)

It is tough, weaning them off and also, keeping him calm as all this has made
him anxious (as would anyone), can they send mild sedatives home w/him?
How wonderful if Frank comes home tomorrow afternoon, all my hopes for it.
Hoping too, y'all are able to relax a bit & get some rest~what a ride! LOVE!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so happy to hear that Frank is getting better and may be coming home soon. Still keeping Frank and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am hoping that they could give us a mild sedative if he has these anxiety attacks. We just spoke with them on the phone and the vet in charge did have to give him a mild sedative to calm him down but said he is doing great now, alert and breathing well. We will get another update in the morning.

Thank you all again. I don't think I could get through this without all the outpouring of support from you all. :heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear the good news about Frank… I'm sure he's ready to come home!!! :w00t:

Most Reactions