Frank is at the emergency vet - so worried

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
GO FRANK!!! Sending some prayers that today is better for him and you!

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank you all - more positive news. We went through the night without a phone call, which was very good. Didn't get much sleep because I was so paranoid about getting a call, but it never came, thank goodness. We just got a call from the vet this morning and he said he was very happy with Frank's progress. He had a bad coughing episode during the night and started choking, but they gave him a light sedative to calm him and he didn't get to the point he did the previous night. So they didn't bother calling since they got it under control.

This morning, he said Frank is eating normally and standing on his own and just looking around. They have a fan there so that it helps him get enough air and not pant excessively. He is still on nasal oxygen support. The vet said with the support, his oxygen levels are really good around 98% but if they don't have him on the support, his oxygen levels go down to 88%. The vet wants to give him a little more time to heal with the oxygen support and also monitoring his coughing. They are also going to try to remove some of the machines he is hooked to, like heart monitor since his bpm has been normal, remove the catheter to see if he can start going pee normally outside, remove the IV for antibiotics and start giving them orally with his food.

So most definitely going in the positive direction. After all the ups and downs, I am cautiously happy because it feels things can change, but I am banking on Frank being able to come home soon. He has to, after all he has been through and still fighting and getting better.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you thank you for this update it is so good to hear that he is making positive progress, my whole family is praying for Frank and your family. KEEP FIGHTING Frank you've got so many people pulling for you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks so much for the update, and I am happy he is doing well so far. Keep it up baby boy, and I hope you come home soon. Prayers still coming your way.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I just logged on and saw this post. I found myself so scared for you and Frank in the beginning and then smiling as the posts went on. Then the roller coaster of ups and downs you and your family are going through. 😔 I was so scared to go to the next page. The tears are just streaming down my face right now. I am so glad to see the last couple of posts about Franks progress! You are going through so much right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated. I've found that I've just fallen in love with every bulldog on this board. I feel like when they are hurting, it's like my Riggins is hurting. I hope you know that I am holding you, your family and especially Frank so close to my heart! He will be in my prayers! Sounds like he is a real fighter and he wants to be home with his family again. 😊 sending lots of love and hugs!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy to read all the positive progress.... baya steps are best.. he will heal better and be back to normal soon! Continued prayers for you all

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank God! I am so glad to read your update, I've been checking in just to see if he was still going strong!!! Go frank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yay Frank! keep up the good work. I am so happy to hear he is making some improvement. We are all on "pins and needles" waiting to hear good news. Thank you for the update. You have a good Dr. there.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank god. I will continue to pray that Frank continues to recover. Thanks for the updates.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
YEAH FRANK!!!!! Keep fighting and getting better!!! We are all pulling for you

CharleisMom

Mar 18, 2014
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlei
So sorry to hear this. You and frank are in my thoughts and prayers! Do not beat your self up!!! Please keep us updated !

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:muah2:Yeah, so happy for you and Frank. I'm thinking positive, and know Frank is strong, and will pull through. He has lots of love and prayers, and hope he comes home soon. Continue fighting Vrank, you are so loved sweet boy.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so happy and relieved to hear about Frank's progress. Slowly but surely…Frank is on his way to getting better. Thank you for this very positive update :)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thank you for the update! just logged in to see if there's some positive news, and there is! Keep staying tough little man! a whole lot of people are cheering you on! continue sending you and your family positive healing toughts, especially to Frank. He's a fighter :yes:!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.