Frank is at the emergency vet - so worried

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
He seems like a tough little guy. literally held my breath when i read your update. sending you good thoughts your way and to Frank. Fingers crossed he comes out of the woods. stay tough Frank!

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Again, I can't thank everyone enough for the support and encouragement during this tough time. We got a quick update from the vet, just saying that he is holding stable on his own as he is being slowly recovered from the sedatives. The vet was very cautious but said that they were watching him closely and were hoping to have him up and walking around by late afternoon if everything continues to hold. My husband left his sweatshirt with Frank this morning in hopes that it might help to have a familiar smell nearby. He is a strong little fighter and we are praying that he will pull through this.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray::pray::pray::pray: on to infinity. So sweet of your hubby-shows how much he,too loves. Good idea.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I keep checking in on you guys… still praying!!! :pray: Hang in there honey...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thinking of Frankie and you right now. Praying for Frank's FULL recovery. The sedative wearing off will help him to breath better. :hug:

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I'm so nervous for them. I can't stand this.

Yes, it is this waiting and rollercoaster of emotions. I told my husband that I wasn't sure if my heart could take much more of this. We get to go see him in an hour. The vet just spoke to us and is more optimistic. Frank is able to sit up and stand with some help. The vet said that he is tracking other dogs with his eyes, so he is more alert. He is also coughing up a bunch of mucous but the vet said that is good that he is clearing his lungs and airways. They had the surgeon check his tissue and there wasn't a lot of swelling, so that is good as well.

Things are much more positive but I am still so worried about my little guy. I can't wait to see him. I am just hoping that seeing us won't make him anxious or over excited because I just want him to heal and recover fully. I also don't want him to feel abandoned in a strange place. So many emotions and worries....

What has really helped me through this time is everyone's thoughts and prayers and support. Thank you all so much for being there for us.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He'll be so happy to see you. Say hi to Frankie from us. :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes, it is this waiting and rollercoaster of emotions. I told my husband that I wasn't sure if my heart could take much more of this. We get to go see him in an hour. The vet just spoke to us and is more optimistic. Frank is able to sit up and stand with some help. The vet said that he is tracking other dogs with his eyes, so he is more alert. He is also coughing up a bunch of mucous but the vet said that is good that he is clearing his lungs and airways. They had the surgeon check his tissue and there wasn't a lot of swelling, so that is good as well.

Things are much more positive but I am still so worried about my little guy. I can't wait to see him. I am just hoping that seeing us won't make him anxious or over excited because I just want him to heal and recover fully. I also don't want him to feel abandoned in a strange place. So many emotions and worries....

What has really helped me through this time is everyone's thoughts and prayers and support. Thank you all so much for being there for us.
Ok good news so far. Sounds like he's holding his own. I will check back later. Have a great visit and give him lots of kisses from his EBN family.

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bless frank, get well soon babyboy, it's not nice seeing them suffer with illnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have been and continuing to pray for Frank & both of you.
I know how hard it is to not know if he'll pull thru this fight.
What a precious boy you have and what a fighter he is! My
money is on Frank (and Jesus).

Sending my love & hope to you.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Go Frank!!! I just cannot get you off my mind, so glad to hear positive news. I do think seeing you will help him fight... Keep it up Frank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.