Frank is at the emergency vet - so worried

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
So glad to hear Frank is doing well after surgery, I can't imagine how worried you must have been and still are:assurred: Sending thoughts to you both, hoping Frank will be home with you very soon.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Erin I am so sorry I have missed this I have been away for a few days from EBN and my heart sunk when I saw this post, I am so happy for you and Frankie that all has turned out well and hopefully Frankie will be home real soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Just a quick update: the vet called us at 2:30 in the morning and said Frank was struggling breathing. They think he might have aspirated a bit and he was not doing well breathing on his own. They put a tube back in for additional oxygen support. So we rushed down there because it sounded like the two choices we had were putting him back on the ventilator or discontinuing treatment and if he couldn't breathe again on his own to opt for putting him to sleep. So we saw him and we decided to not put him back on the ventilator no matter what because it seems like the risk increases each time and it feels like it would be prolonging something painful for Frank.

We asked if they could try weaning him of the sedative and try removing the tube again while we were there so that if he did struggle to continue breathing that we could be there to say goodbye. We waited three hours while they slowly removed the tube and after they did, the vet was surprised that he was actually breathing better than before and was maintaining oxygen levels. So now we are just waiting to see if he is able to continue to breathe well. The vet was not terribly optimistic and we are in a state of part hopeful, part acceptance that he may not pull through. So that is where we are now.

I will update with any further news. Again, thank you so much for all your kind words and support.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Healing thoughts coming your way, hope he pulls through:pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION]

I'm so so sorry to hear about Frank… I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you and your family :( We are all praying for you guys, and I really hope that Frank pulls thru. Please keep us posted, and know that you are not alone in this… we are all here for you guys :assurred:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have tears in my eyes. I am praying so hard for your Frank. My heart hurts for you. I pray that Frank can get through this-we all here on EBN are praying for him..

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Erin, I prayed for Frank all thru the night & early am (as I couldn't sleep)
and know I am part of so many doing the same. We all join your prayers
for dear Frank's recovery and being home soon. I know GOD is hearing
these whispered words, seeing the tears we shed, knowing our pain as
his struggles and HE sees the two of you, doing all you can for Frank and
understands how very much he is loved and treasured.

I'm sending Hope, Strength, Courage & Comfort this morning to y'all
and all my best wishes and fervent prayers to Frank in his mighty fight.
Wishing I could be there in person so you could lean on me.
:assurred:

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I seriously have tears in my eyes to have read this update. But I am so happy you are keeping us in the loop. We are all concerned. I am hoping he makes a recovery and pulls through this like the strong boy he is! I cannot even fathom how hard this is for you, but I hope and pray that he will be okay. Hang in the buddy <3 you can do this. Please keep us updated as you are. we are all worried and we are all here for you. so dont hesitate <3

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, when I read the update last night, I was so happy that he was improving after his surgery. I'm so sorry he is still struggling, and my heart goes out to you during this hard time. It must be so worrisome, and like a roller coaster ride of emotions, with him being at the vets, going through the surgery, and seeming to improve, to now waiting again to see if he can breathe on his own. Everyone on here including me are following your updates, and hoping and praying that Frank stays strong, and pulls through. Keep fighting buddy, you can do this, we are all pulling for you, and want to see you back home with Mommy. Love, hugs, and prayers for you and Frank.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending continued thoughts and many, many prayers to you and Frank..... he is a strong boy and will be home with you soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So sad reading this, I am going to keep you all in our prayers, frank us a fighter and wants to come home to his mommy and daddy, keep on fighting Frank!!! Big hugs to you all :grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I, along with everyone else, have you, your husband and Frank in my prayers. It sounds like he is a fighter. Praying that he recovers and is home with you soon.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no I am praying extra hard for Frank to pull through. How brave of you to put Frank first in your decision of treatment. I hope with everything I have in me that Frank pulls through.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You made the right decision to do that with the tube and all of my prayers are with you. All of the angels in heaven are watching over Frank and helping him to pull through this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.