Frank is at the emergency vet - so worried

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] I haven't been able to read/post too much these last few weeks but have been following Franks progress. I'm so relieved to hear he's doing better. Can only imagine how worried you are.
My thought are with you. Hugs.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Praying for a successful and trouble free surgery for Frank. Speedy recovery soon and pics too cause I sure miss seeing him! He's one of my faves!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] Lola had her palate shortened as soon as she turned 2 years old (about 6 months after her blue tongue overheating episode). She does so much better (although I'm still very strict with her exercise). Our surgeon, best in Toronto, also did the traditional surgery for the palate and not the laser. I recommend whatever your surgeon is best at, and it seems Frank is in good hands. I hope he can wake up and see you soon!!!

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
[MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] - thank you for giving reassurance. It is good to know that quite a few bulldogs on here have underwent palate reduction surgery with success. We are just waiting now to hear about how the surgery went, so we are worried sick and keeping our fingers crossed.

And everyone, thank you again for all your reassuring words and kindness. It is always awful when one of our bullies goes through a medical scare and it is so nice to have so much support through it all.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Your Vets seem so great, what a blessing for Frank to be in their care.

Awaiting the wonderful news it's over, done & behind y'all. Do you have
insurance to help with these bills, Honey? I will donate so let me know!

Continued prayers & sending huge hugs of comfort~GOD bless <3

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Your Vets seem so great, what a blessing for Frank to be in their care.

Awaiting the wonderful news it's over, done & behind y'all. Do you have
insurance to help with these bills, Honey? I will donate so let me know!

Continued prayers & sending huge hugs of comfort~GOD bless <3

Oh, that made me cry. That is so sweet and wonderful for you to offer. I think we will be okay. We have an emergency card and are going to try to apply for Care Credit for some of it to cover it. I can't thank you enough for your offer though - it means the world to me and Frank and my husband that there are such wonderful people keeping us in their thoughts and prayers.

We are still waiting to hear how the surgery went. I can't help but worry myself sick, especially with all that he has gone through. Poor little guy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Continued hugs and prayers being sent to you all.... been thinking of you all day! Give Frank a big a$$ hug and kiss for me

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Update on Frank: the vet called and things are looking good. His swelling in his airways is completely gone and his lungs are nearly clear. He is still under sedation and doing well so they suggested that we have his palate shortened while he was already sedated and on the ventilator. So we agreed. They are going to perform the surgery today. I was reading that laser is the preferred method but they only do the traditional surgery with sutures there. However, they seem to be highly capable and I am hoping that he gets through this procedure safely. Especially after all he has been through already.

I'm so sorry to hear all this, I'm just now catching up on all that happened with poor Frank :( I'm so sorry you all had to go through all this! Barkley had his palate shortened in February and everything went great! He did have it done with a laser so I'm not sure how different Franks's recovery will be with the sutures. Barkley had always been a veryyy loud breather, esp when he was playing or got excited and this has helped him so much with breathing better and quieter! The vet said he had a very long palate as well as large tonsils, so he had both trimmed.

I'll be praying for all of you and hope Frank has a very quick recovery and is able to play and breathe better after he's all healed up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Any word on Frank yet?

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Texas Carol had a Great Idea, if you need help I will Donate also, anything to help a Friend and his or her Bully. Love and Prayers to You and Frank. I will Pray for Frank and his speedy recovery.

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Texas Carol had a Great Idea, if you need help I will Donate also, anything to help a Friend and his or her Bully. Love and Prayers to You and Frank. I will Pray for Frank and his speedy recovery.

Thank you so much for your offer. That is so incredibly thoughtful and generous. I do think we will be okay. We have an emergency card and are going to try to see if we can get Care Credit to put some on that as well.

I just can't tell everyone enough how much the outpouring of love and support has meant to my husband and I during this time. Thank you so much for all the amazing kindness.

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Update from the vet: Frank is fully off the ventilator now. He had his surgery in the afternoon where they shortened his soft palate, enlarged his nostrils, and trimmed the laryngeal saccules. The vet said that he was happy with the surgery and Frank did well and that there was minimal bleeding. They slowly weaned him of the ventilator - it took about 5 hours to get him so that he could swallow on his own. The vet said that they are going to watch him very carefully over the night and in the morning will start taking him off sedatives. He said that if everything goes well, Frank may be able to be up and walking around by tomorrow afternoon.

We are staying optimistic. I just worry so much but the vet said he was pleased with his progress. I just can't wait to get our little guy back home. We miss him so, so very much.

Thank you again everyone for your words and support.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like it all went great so far, and hopefully he will be able to breathe really well after all of this. Looking forward to hearing his progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.