Tear Stain/Face Cleaning Product

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
Wacha has some major tear stains. I understand that this is a common issue and as long as clean it is not a problem. I was wondering what product you guys use to clean that face. I have a container of Mal-a-ket, but Wacha goes nuts when i get them near his face. So much so that he swallowed one the other day. He tolerates sensitive skin baby wipes well, but want something that is REAL GOOD for my boy. Also, has anyone had any success with food/water additives (apple cider vinegar) to clear up the leaky eyes?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
There is a great article on a main home page about tear stains -very informative , sorry i cant copy the link but im on a taptalk right now x
For us its daily cleaning with water and drying after + right food

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use Duoxo pads or witch hazel to clean up tear stains when Harlea gets then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use witch hazel on a cotton pad or get unscented baby wipes and poor the witch hazel on them

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
Also, has anyone had any success with food/water additives (apple cider vinegar) to clear up the leaky eyes?

I add a cap of apple cider into the dry dog food for my JJ once a day and had great results with visible improvements after a couple of weeks. He now has virtually no tear stains and looks great. I still keep with the regular cleaning and wiping but did not see any visible signs of improvement until i used the apple cider. I hope this helps and good luck!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I use vinegar/water solution to clean my boy's fold. It helps lighten the stain but i need to figure out what causing the tear stain :/.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Of course wipes & keeping it dry. For Daisy I add 1 teaspoon of powdered buttermilk (& a bit of water to mix) to her food with each meal. I wish I could have taken a pic to show how bad it was before we started but it is basically gone now. She has a dark mask & nobody else really noticed the stains--just me because I'm always in there cleaning & examining her. I am thrilled with the results. I don't know if it will work for anyone else but it certainly works for Daisy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.