Any ideas on what this is?

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
For the last 2 months or so, Koozer has this raised spot on the top of his back foot. It has grown ever so slightly over time. It does not seem to bother Koozer...he doesn't lick it, bite it, or wince when you touch it. It has not responded to any wipes or medication. To me, it looks like a cyst. Anyone have any ideas? Going to make the trip to the vet soon to get it looked at.
cyst1.jpgcyst2.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh Lisa.... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue. I would defintely run this one by the vet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with this either. I'm not sure what it could be, a cyst? Or could it possibly be a tick? I agree that your best bet would be to ask the vet to know for sure. I hope it's nothing serious, please keep us posted on what the vet says.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks to be a small hystiocytoma, they usually go away on their own after a couple of months and many times they seem to appear overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Interesting thought on the hystiocytoma...it did indeed show up overnight basically. Do you think we should get it looked at, or hold off a little longer?

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Googled histiocytoma...that is exactly what it is! A small button-like growth. Thanks!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Get it looked at if it keeps getting bigger, usually they are no larger than a nickel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks to be a small hystiocytoma, they usually go away on their own after a couple of months and many times they seem to appear overnight.

I knew what it was but can never remember the name.... Thank you!!

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
My Joe has the something similar on his paw ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397910176.340182.jpg

I'm bringing him to the vet tomorrow.

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
My Joe has the something similar on his paw View attachment 69498

I'm bringing him to the vet tomorrow.

Let me know what your vet says cuz it definitely looks like the same thing. I'm debating on whether to wait or not. It is still fairly small, like the size of a large pea, but I'm afraid of it being more serious than a simple histiocytoma. But then again, do I want to go into the vet, just to hear him say "lets wait and watch it"? ughhh...so conflicted!

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
I will definitely let you know.. I had to switch the appointment to Monday at 8am because I now have to work tomorrow morning ...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Let me know what your vet says cuz it definitely looks like the same thing. I'm debating on whether to wait or not. It is still fairly small, like the size of a large pea, but I'm afraid of it being more serious than a simple histiocytoma. But then again, do I want to go into the vet, just to hear him say "lets wait and watch it"? ughhh...so conflicted!

If its still there tomorrow I'd take him in even if it's just for your peace of mind.

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So I brought Joe to the vet and they said it's either a hystiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. Joe actually had a mast cell tumor a couple years ago.. So they are leaning that way... They were able to remove it last time with no issues... I was surprised because this one didn't look like what he had before. The last one looked more skin colored and he didn't care if I touched it or tried to clean it.

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
So I brought Joe to the vet and they said it's either a hystiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. Joe actually had a mast cell tumor a couple years ago.. So they are leaning that way... They were able to remove it last time with no issues... I was surprised because this one didn't look like what he had before. The last one looked more skin colored and he didn't care if I touched it or tried to clean it.

Bummer if it really is a tumor. So were they able to remove it, or do you have to go back in for that? Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.