Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20

Thread: Any ideas on what this is?

  1. #13
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gfitz911 View Post
    Let me know what your vet says cuz it definitely looks like the same thing. I'm debating on whether to wait or not. It is still fairly small, like the size of a large pea, but I'm afraid of it being more serious than a simple histiocytoma. But then again, do I want to go into the vet, just to hear him say "lets wait and watch it"? ughhh...so conflicted!
    If its still there tomorrow I'd take him in even if it's just for your peace of mind.

  2. #14
    Drool Catcher Holly33's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    220
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Joe
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default Any ideas on what this is?

    So I brought Joe to the vet and they said it's either a hystiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. Joe actually had a mast cell tumor a couple years ago.. So they are leaning that way... They were able to remove it last time with no issues... I was surprised because this one didn't look like what he had before. The last one looked more skin colored and he didn't care if I touched it or tried to clean it.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #15
    Drool Catcher Gfitz911's Avatar
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    215
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly33 View Post
    So I brought Joe to the vet and they said it's either a hystiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. Joe actually had a mast cell tumor a couple years ago.. So they are leaning that way... They were able to remove it last time with no issues... I was surprised because this one didn't look like what he had before. The last one looked more skin colored and he didn't care if I touched it or tried to clean it.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bummer if it really is a tumor. So were they able to remove it, or do you have to go back in for that? Good luck.

  4. #16
    Drool Catcher Holly33's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    220
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Joe
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gfitz911 View Post
    Bummer if it really is a tumor. So were they able to remove it, or do you have to go back in for that? Good luck.
    So they called yesterday with the results of the aspiration and it actually was a hisitocytoma They were able to remove the mast cell tumor he had a years ago...it was basically "day" surgery...

  5. #17
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly33 View Post
    So they called yesterday with the results of the aspiration and it actually was a hisitocytoma They were able to remove the mast cell tumor he had a years ago...it was basically "day" surgery...
    Glad it's not serious!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  6. #18
    Drool Catcher Gfitz911's Avatar
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    215
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly33 View Post
    So they called yesterday with the results of the aspiration and it actually was a hisitocytoma They were able to remove the mast cell tumor he had a years ago...it was basically "day" surgery...
    Great news! Did they remove it or are you waiting to see if it goes away on it's own? We decided we are going to take Koozer into the vet just to be on the safe side. I'd rather get it looked at and have it be nothing, then to wait and have it be something. Our appointment is on Monday. I'll keep ya'll posted.

  7. #19
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly33 View Post
    So they called yesterday with the results of the aspiration and it actually was a hisitocytoma They were able to remove the mast cell tumor he had a years ago...it was basically "day" surgery...
    Great!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #20
    Drool Catcher Holly33's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    220
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Joe
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default Re: Any ideas on what this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gfitz911 View Post
    Great news! Did they remove it or are you waiting to see if it goes away on it's own? We decided we are going to take Koozer into the vet just to be on the safe side. I'd rather get it looked at and have it be nothing, then to wait and have it be something. Our appointment is on Monday. I'll keep ya'll posted.
    They said it will go away on it's own. Good luck at the vet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •