Got Harlea's Test Results.. In a Bit of Shock

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
:hug: So sorry to hear your news but, hopefully, with the right steps, little Harlea will be back to health in no time!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Day 2. Been on the new med combination for 2 days now and all I can say is wow I can't believe we may have found the right combination on the first try. The smell is gone and we were able to let her roam free without a shirt on for a few hours last night and she only scratched a few times but no where near as intense as it has been. This is just a baby step but a step in the right direction none the less. Keeping my fingers crossed that the next 2 weeks go by fast and that the meds keep working.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Todd, great news, continuing prayers for her complete recovery.
I PMed you about 'black seed oil' which cures MRSA but don't think
it posted to you. Again...crossing fingers, toes & eyes for relief!

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
Sorry to hear about Harlea, but it sounds like you may have found something that will help.

I agree with you about the corn chip smell. I don't think it's limited to yeast. I smelled it around Tallulah's head right before she was diagnosed with bacterial ear infections and the same thing near her back end when she got a bacterial infection in her girl bits. Luckily these haven't been a struggle to clear up! But I don't think that smell is just related to yeast infections.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Todd sending prayers to you and Harlea that you have got this thing beat and she's back to her normal self real soon. Sounds like it's been a very rough road for you guys and hopefully you've got it figured out now. Hugs to Harlea!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Todd, I will be Praying for your Precious Harlea to recover fast and be free from all infections, she is a Cutie. I am sorry You and Harlea are going through this. But with Prayers I know Your Harlea will have a fast recovery. Love to You Both.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well we had a set back yesterday. Harlea wen't 4 days without scratching at all and not having to wear a shirt then yesterday she was back to scratching non-stop.... Back to the drawing board for us.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh Todd, sorry for what Harlea is going thru right now. Since it was only day 5 of the antibiotics could it be that the meds still may be working for her and she needs to complete the entire 2 weeks (?) Hoping the other day's cratching was just a temporary thing and she's back on the road to improvement.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Harlea and you guys for having such a tough thing to fight. MRSA can be so scary. I hope that she gets back to healing and improving quickly.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Goodness, poor Harlea and you. I hope you find a solution and her scratching is just temporary.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry to hear this. Praying for Harlea to get rid of this.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hoping just a bad day and back to blessed relief as before this.

We got Harlea & y'all in daily prayer <3 Sending love too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well we had a set back yesterday. Harlea wen't 4 days without scratching at all and not having to wear a shirt then yesterday she was back to scratching non-stop.... Back to the drawing board for us.

darn it!!! so sorry.... continuing to send prayers and positive thoughts

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.