General Question Very Very Horny Bulldog!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks for the reply and great advice! He has a large stuffed dog toy which we used to give him to play with to 'release' some of the pressure building inside, how ever we stopped letting him play with it as much after his penis got infected and we had to take him to the vet. We now only give it to him to play with once in a while.

The advice from everyone here is very helpful. I am strongly considering to getting him fixed but my worry is that it will change him too much because apart from the humping, he is the perfect dog.

Thank you all!!! :)

Thank you, Jeffery, for posting a problem that many people here
are experiencing with their bullies. I do think fixing him will help a
lot and like Lynn & others suggested, working with him when he
starts up, immediately & firmly STOP IT. If so, he gets a special
treat, if not, immediate crating or isolation for time out. This must
be done EACH time. You might have to get a bully experienced
trainer to help you.

Male bullies can over heat and have died...it's a fact.

GOD bless you and update us, please. He is so handsome!

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
Dear All,

After listening to all the advice, doing more research and speaking to our local vet, i have decided to get my special boy neutered in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you all updated on how it goes and below is a very informative and interesting article i found on the web that describes the procedure and provides useful information about the whole thing.

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/male-dog-neutering.html#what-is-neuter

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
Hi All,

I am sorry that this has taken so long for me to provide an update but wanted to let you all know about how it went and the results so far after the surgery.

So after much consideration we finally took JJ to the vets to have the surgery to get him neutered. Here are pics of him just after the surgery:
JJ After Surgery1.jpgJJ After Surgery2.jpgJJ After Surgery3.jpgJJ After Surgery4.jpg

So the Operation went well with no complications and the vet even showed us his testicles they removed before disposing of them. They used gas so when he came around he was still a little drowsy but he seemed ok after around 10mins. After taking him home we tried to get him to do as little as possible and we only took him out for toilet breaks. We continued to give him the tablets and apply the ointment to the wound as the vet instructed. However, around 5days later we noticed that his scrotum area began to swell and got bigger and bigger. See pics below:
JJ After Surgery5.jpgJJ After Surgery6.jpg
It swelled to a size of a orange and we got so worried that we took him back to the vets. The vet was not very sure why the swelling happened all of a sudden but did say that some swelling would be expected but not necessary as much as what JJ was experiencing. Any way they gave us some more tablets to help with the swelling and together with this, i used an ice pack and applied it every night for around 10mins in an attempt to reduce or at least control the swelling. After around 3-4days the swelling did go down and that was a great relief. Now it looks like this:
JJ After Surgery7.jpgJJ After Surgery8.jpg

As for any changes in his personality and behaviour, there has been some very noticeable changes. Firstly, he is no where near as excited as he used to be when coming across other dogs. He is much more calm and relaxed. Secondly, he does not go roaming as much as he used to and when we walk him with the leash off, he sticks much closer to us. Thirdly, he has been putting on much more weight, even though the portions are the same as before the surgery. Think we need to put him on a diet at this rate. Lastly, noticed that other dogs seem more aggressive towards him. There were dogs that would not bark at him before, that are acting much more aggressive and barking at him now.

All in all, we are happy with the results of the surgery and he still is the same happy silly dog but just more relaxed and chilled than before. He still likes to play and seek affection like before but not as horny and trying hump anyone and anything he sees. I hope this helps others that maybe also considering having the procedure and a big thank you for all the advice i have received from everyone on the site!!...you guys are the best!!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=5683]Jeffrey[/MENTION] --- so glad all went well, with the exception of the swelling, JJ is a good looking bully boy! Thanks for the update

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Jeffery Very glad that all went well with your boy's surgery-though it must have been a little scare with the swelling. Many people refuse to believe that neutering can benefit, if you are not going to breed-but it does give your dog a more "peaceful" life without racing hormones!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.