Help Needed! This is a first for us, Interdigitial Cyst

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Pooor Vegas has a cyst!! I have done all the reading about them on this board but I guess I need re-assurance. I am POSITIVE it is due to environmental allergies, since our pollen count has been in the high 9's-10 for about 3 weeks here. I do not think it is food related.

Anyway...I stopped by CVS and the had Epsom Lotion, non scented, the bottle says calms and relaxes, I also got him baby socks to wear on his foot. Below is the pictures, just making sure it is what I am thinking, and am I doing the right thing, Also is there anything else I can be doing?? I am giving him Benadryl twice a day right now as well.

Thank You

My hands are so dry I just got off work, so disregaurd the lizard hands!! lol

With his baby sock on, he really doesn't seem to mind it. How often should I put the lotion on?? The bottle says apply as needed. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awe poor Vegas, it looks a cyst and it's from allergies. I never knew they sold lotion like that, I've only seen the salts and I know everyone on here does the 10 minute soaks twice a day.. When Buster got one I got the Vetrycin off Amazon the day after I found it and it went away quick. He look like a little baby with those socks on.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
awe poor Vegas, it looks a cyst and it's from allergies. I never knew they sold lotion like that, I've only seen the salts and I know everyone on here does the 10 minute soaks twice a day.. When Buster got one I got the Vetrycin off Amazon the day after I found it and it went away quick. He look like a little baby with those socks on.

I didn't know they sold lotion either, I went to get the salts, all the time wondering How in the world will I get him to soak his foot!!!! I bought both. The lotion is just like a thick Epsom salt and glycerin is what is says on the bottle.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@KMARINO I know when @Chumley had to soak it was a pain. We just poured them in the tub and put a little water in there and had him walk around in them, just making sure he didn't get out, talking to him the whole time. But I think the lotions great especially with his little socks on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok ... You are set for dealing with... To try and avoid, what I do with Banks (she gets them because of grass and tree allergies).... Wipe her paws and belly when she comes in from outside and I keep witch hazel in a spray bottle Nd spray her paws

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Ok ... You are set for dealing with... To try and avoid, what I do with Banks (she gets them because of grass and tree allergies).... Wipe her paws and belly when she comes in from outside and I keep witch hazel in a spray bottle Nd spray her paws

You don't think I need to take him to the vet do you?? How long do they usually last?? Good idea with the witch hazel spray, def. will be doing that once this heals. I was going to use it last night but I was afraid it would burn Vegas.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You don't think I need to take him to the vet do you?? How long do they usually last?? Good idea with the witch hazel spray, def. will be doing that once this heals. I was going to use it last night but I was afraid it would burn Vegas.

No vet visit necessary... Just keep it clean and dry... You want to dry it out

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they usually last around a week or two, it looks like in that picture that you caught it early because it hasn't broken open yet which is a really good thing.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they usually last around a week or two, it looks like in that picture that you caught it early because it hasn't broken open yet which is a really good thing.

^^^^^. Yea what he said! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
As always, they got you covered, Kelly. Let us know how
well that lotion works...new to me also.

Cami's having major problems w/allergies, especially her ears.
Her white eye stays red :( You & I may have to use something
other than Benydryl...it's not seemingly doing as well for her.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION], Vegas's white eye is red too! not really swollen shut just very red around it. Been thinking of trying Zrytec, I think Vegas is immune to Benadryl since he lives on it, thinking of taking him to get a shot of steroids.........

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Texas Carol, Vegas's white eye is red too! not really swollen shut just very red around it. Been thinking of trying Zrytec, I think Vegas is immune to Benadryl since he lives on it, thinking of taking him to get a shot of steroids.........

Yes, I'm thinking she's immune too, if you change to Zrytec, let me know how it
works too, if I change first will do the same for you :) Poor Cami's eye is red IN
the eye, stopped up, nose so dry from the Benedryl, shaking her ears...if they get
infection I might get her a steroid shot too. Allergies are going to suck this year!
Give Vegas kisses & love from us <3

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, I'm thinking she's immune too, if you change to Zrytec, let me know how it
works too, if I change first will do the same for you :) Poor Cami's eye is red IN
the eye, stopped up, nose so dry from the Benedryl, shaking her ears...if they get
infection I might get her a steroid shot too. Allergies are going to suck this year!
Give Vegas kisses & love from us <3

This is the worst allergy season I've ever seen. I have never ever seen pictures of cars with the pollen so thick that it covers the windshields!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION], EVERY morning I get in my car for work I have to turn on the wipers and wash the windows, there is a thick yellow film (pollen) covering my windshield!! Our count has been abnormally high for weeks now, most days 10 out of 10. Not only Vegas, but myself and Joe are suffering!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.