Ear infection need help bad

Pjarman70

Apr 16, 2014
Southaven, Ms
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
mable
Hi, My name is Patti and my big girls name is Mabel. Mabel and I are on a 2 year nightmare with infection and tumors in her ears. I just feel so lost and I don't know what to do anymore. My big girl had a tumor come up in here ear and I had it removed within a week the tumor came back. After the first surgery had healed up my vet referred me to another vet. On his recommendation was to remove the tumor so I did now it's not one tumor it's two. Pathology came back no cancer grate I thought but no the type of tumor it is will only come back and multiply. Her ear canals are so small and tight that they can't see her ear drums. Will that all leads to yeast infection when we treat the yeast infection it's like she gets swimmer ear and now we have a deferent infection so we going backward and forward. We talk about ear canal surgery but they have little hope do to the multiplying tumors it may make it worse and with her age. My husband and I have talk about putting her down.But I need to give it one more shot before I can. I'm going to change her food agin and try one with a venison base. I'm trying home remedies for the yeast apple cider vinegar and water to clean her ears with a Q-tip being careful not to get to much liquid in her ear canal to start a new infection. We started today giving her coconut oil. If anyone can help me think of anything to try please let me know. I just want the best for my big girl even if it's time to let her go.
Heartbroken in Mississippi

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How heart breaking that they can not think of a way to control the tumors..... if you are fighting yeast -- the ACV will help, and also, try to avoid white potato in the food, at least make sure it is way down on the ingredient list --- go grain free if you can too.

I'll tag some other memebrs that may be able to give more advice and support.

hang in there

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Maybe put her on a limited ingredient diet without grains and potato? That may help.

We clean Blue's ears weekly with Malacetic Ultra Otic (google it) It's an antifungal and antibacterial flush.
But when they get yeasty, we use it everyday until we don't see anymore yeast, generally about three days straight. For the most part, it keeps his ears in good condition.

The Malacetic I use has hydrocortisone it in. I prefer it because I notice that when his allergies act up, he starts to try and itch his ears. The hydrocortisone is supposed to help with that.

We take a cotton ball, soak it with the Malacetic, then twist and pull the cotton so we can really get in there and clean it. We then squeeze the cotton ball into his ear, making sure it really gets in there. Then just clean it out.
I wouldn't use a q-tip. It's difficult to say how deep it's going in, and it's easy to cause damage to the ear canal.

The only other thing I can think of is finding an animal hospital around you that has a dermatologist. The reason I say dermatologist is because if this is caused by allergies (and it sounds like it very well could be), they can help you find and treat the cause. Be it through allergy testing, limited diets or medications.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello-so sorry to hear about this very sad and frustrating problem. I know this is a tune I "sing" too often, but try a product called NU Stock. It comes in a tube, and you must squeeze it around alot-before you open it, as the oils separate. Squeeze some onto your finger, and rub it in to each tumor. It is certainly worth a shot-I have cured MANY things-(even a growth on my hb's foot, that the Dr.'s gave up on). It is for animals-but I never care! You can get it at horse supply stores, or online. It certainly will not hurt, and I have alot of faith in this product.Hope it works for your baby. You can also put some on a Q-tip, and clean down in the ear with it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe put her on a limited ingredient diet without grains and potato? That may help.

We clean Blue's ears weekly with Malacetic Ultra Otic (google it) It's an antifungal and antibacterial flush.
But when they get yeasty, we use it everyday until we don't see anymore yeast, generally about three days straight. For the most part, it keeps his ears in good condition.

The Malacetic I use has hydrocortisone it in. I prefer it because I notice that when his allergies act up, he starts to try and itch his ears. The hydrocortisone is supposed to help with that.

We take a cotton ball, soak it with the Malacetic, then twist and pull the cotton so we can really get in there and clean it. We then squeeze the cotton ball into his ear, making sure it really gets in there. Then just clean it out.
I wouldn't use a q-tip. It's difficult to say how deep it's going in, and it's easy to cause damage to the ear canal.

The only other thing I can think of is finding an animal hospital around you that has a dermatologist. The reason I say dermatologist is because if this is caused by allergies (and it sounds like it very well could be), they can help you find and treat the cause. Be it through allergy testing, limited diets or medications.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Excellent advice, and I would squirt a good amount of malecetic otic into the ear canal too, then rub the ears so you can hear a squishy sound , then wipe it out. It's self drying- so no need to worry about the liquid in her ear.

never use water or baby wipes to clean the ears. ACV is great but only kills fungus, not bacteria and should never be used straight in ear should be 25/75 ACV/water. That's why I prefer malacetic.

I used to have ear problems until I was shown how to properly wash them, now no infections in 15 years.

Hope we can help your baby Mabel :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
This is so sad, how frustrating! All above offered great advice,
I'd do it all. I do think an animal hospital/dermatologists can
help you more than Vets. Is there a teaching animal hospital
around? Have you found ANY info using Google Search about
that type of tumor? Post here the name the Vets called it and
we can research it. I'd give the NuStock that Lynn suggested
a try for sure. Let me pray for y'all and think about this, I'll post
anything I come up with. Sending you hope, comfort & love...
GOD be with you & bless you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.