Help Needed! Tail pocket problem! I'm new to this so I'm freaking out:(

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't know what to do now:( I just got Joey's cyst/wound she's had under her food to heal and now last night I discovered that her tail pocket has a problem:*( Here is a picture...

20140415_111048.jpg

She's got the so called "tight screw tail" so the folds by her tail is pretty deep... she has never during these 3 1/2 years we've had her had a problem like this (she'll turn 7 in October). I'm completely new to issues like this:ashamed: Can I buy diaper rash cream and put on this? or is that for milder bacterial infections? She's got like a redish bump and it's liquidish so it's hard to keep dry, and the hairs came out too when I cleaned it out last night:( I gave her a bath with a shampoo called Pyostat this morning at 5 am cos she was barking and I'm sure it was cos she itched. I'm so sad for her:cry:

Is this a disaster that needs medical attention? I'm stressing about it being cancer and all kinds of thoughts are going through my mind:(

Can I dry it out with Epsom salt like I do when she gets interdigital cysts or what must I do?

Like the typical bulldog she doesn't suffer in silence... she's barking when it itches/hurts so at least I know when I have to help her... She's so good, she lets me do whatever back there and she licks my leg while I'm busy. I love her<3

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would keep washing it with the pyostat a few times today and apply desitin, if it gets worse then maybe get to the vet. You don't by any chance have some panalog ointment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I would keep washing it with the pyostat a few times today and apply desitin, if it gets worse then maybe get to the vet. You don't by any chance have some panalog ointment?

I've cleaned it a few times today and it looks better, she doesn't seem as bothered by it anymore either... but I'm sure it's still uncomfortable:( I don't have that ointment but I can go to the vet tomorrow and ask for it... I'm pretty sure they'll sell it to me without prescription... things here are not very strict and it's not a proper vet as this is a VERY Small town. I hope I can sort this out by myself:unsure: I just freaked out yesterday when I saw it:eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The shampoo has antibacterial and antifungal, so I'd keep up on that. The panalog is antibacterial, antifungal plus a but of steroid, for inflammation. Works on so many things like this. Great to have in your bully first aid kit!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Other products that are the same as panalog are entoderm, and animax

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Petra, I'm so sorry honey… please don't panic, I'm sure you can get this cleared up soon!!! Lots of love & hugs to you & JOEY!!! :heartsign:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lisa gave you great info to use..... hope you are able to get her cleared up soon. poor little girl

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I think she will be ok, she slept all night without waking me up:) She's still sleeping but as soon as she wakes up I'll clean it and then take a trip to our local vet and pharmacy to see if they have any of those creams.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
It turns out I had Curatex that I got for their nose ropes a while back but never needed to use.. It is anti-inflammatory and the shampoo I'm using is anti-bacterial/fungal so I'm thinking it should work using those two together?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.