xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay so I came home today and gary says so me "something is different about jovi today" and i said what? well all day she has been hacking up, not sure if flem is coming up or anything since she hasnt spit anything up about but it seems like she is congested? I dont know if its because of the weather, it was 80 today and raining so maybe? or if possibly she caught something at the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she just back from getting spayed, right? Call the vet and let them know see what they think .... it could be from the warm weather, but it would be good to get their insight

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
she just back from getting spayed, right? Call the vet and let them know see what they think .... it could be from the warm weather, but it would be good to get their insight

yeah. i just really hope it is nothing. I just spent literally everything I had on a plane ticket to see my grandfather :[

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yeah. i just really hope it is nothing. I just spent literally everything I had on a plane ticket to see my grandfather :[

When are you going?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The video is so short, it's hard t tell, but it sounds like it may be "the backwards sneeze". When she does it again, try putting your fingers on her nostrils for a second, and see if it stops it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, a short version of reverse sneeze is what it sounds like. Can happen from allergies and high stress or over excitement so you may be on to something about the weather, plus her recent spay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I agree, a short version of reverse sneeze is what it sounds like. Can happen from allergies and high stress or over excitement so you may be on to something about the weather, plus her recent spay.

thanks guys. she also has been like "blowing her nose: per say. you know when we usually breath out of our nose hard to kind of clear it to breath better? she seems to be doing that and getting buggers everywhere but it isnt an actual sneeze. shes been doing that a lot ontop of whats in the video. do these two go together? or do i have something serious on my hands... it hasnt rained or even been humid since i got her. its always been cold snowy and dry... and now all of a sudden its been hot humid and now rainy... so i really think it may have to do with the weather but does this mean i have to take her to the vet?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would if it keeps persisting, is accompanied with thick yellow or green discharge, or start itching really badly. And of course watch for the big three: not eating, drinking, or fever.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
How do I take her fever and what should it be at? Also she is eating and drinking and with the mucus I don't know. It's not thick it comes out like sprinkles so just tiny little dropa

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How do I take her fever and what should it be at? Also she is eating and drinking and with the mucus I don't know. It's not thick it comes out like sprinkles so just tiny little dropa

If you have a thermometer you can take her temperature, it should be 101.5. I would just call the vets office you had her spayed at and tell them what's going on and see what they say.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.