Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

  1. #1
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    I went to get Frontline for Roxie, and the vets office told me they don't sell it anymore, they use Nexgard...

    I bought it, googled it online and couldn't find anything negative so I gave it to her… She seems fine on it, I was just curious if anybody else uses it.

    After reading about Trifexis, I just don't trust vets these days… they seem to LOVE to push whatever NEW drug is out on the market. I'm also going thru my own personal medicines… seems like the pharmaceutical companies are running the world right now!!! Very scary…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  2. #2
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Location
    Quincy, Florida, United States
    Posts
    422
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Herschel has been on Trifexis for 2 years and has done great. Always remember that there are dangers that come with all drugs, for pets and people. I haven't used Nexguard. Hope you find the right option for your baby! I'm sure that someone will jump on here with some great info for you.

    Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11537

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Wait... Is this heart worm or flea/tick??

    We have used Vectra for a few years without issue, but I never use a whole tube on them. I use most on Banks and the. Finish off on Cheli. When it was the two bully's... I used 1/2 tube on each of them. Never any ticks or fleas on either of them.

    heartworm we have used Sentinel for many years without issue
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #4
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Herschel has been on Trifexis for 2 years and has done great. Always remember that there are dangers that come with all drugs, for pets and people. I haven't used Nexguard. Hope you find the right option for your baby! I'm sure that someone will jump on here with some great info for you.

    Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.
    I would NOT use Trifexis on my dogs… this article I read is just the tip of the iceberg...
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...rifexis/nb5B4/

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Wait... Is this heart worm or flea/tick??

    We have used Vectra for a few years without issue, but I never use a whole tube on them. I use most on Banks and the. Finish off on Cheli. When it was the two bully's... I used 1/2 tube on each of them. Never any ticks or fleas on either of them.

    heartworm we have used Sentinel for many years without issue
    It's flea/tick prevention… we use Heartgard for heartworm and never had a problem. They said that many owner's were complaining about Frontline being greasy, and some dogs having bad reactions to it so they stopped selling it at the clinic. We never had a problem with our dogs. Ticks and fleas are HORRID here in TN

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11537

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Ticks and fleas are HORRID here in TN
    Same here in PA, wish I could for go the stuff, but we have deer through our yard all the time, so not worth the chance
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #7
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Same here in PA, wish I could for go the stuff, but we have deer through our yard all the time, so not worth the chance
    I would LOVE to stop using it as well. We have SO many deer, possum, raccoons, mosquitoes… it's a JUNGLE out there!!! LOL

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. #8
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    874
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Bogey has been on Nexgard for 2 months and has had no issues. We tried Triflexis- made him sooooo sick!! Frontline was ok, but he HATED me putting it on, so I assume it burned. And, yes it was messy!! Very happy with the Nexguard.
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  9. #9
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    Bogey has been on Nexgard for 2 months and has had no issues. We tried Triflexis- made him sooooo sick!! Frontline was ok, but he HATED me putting it on, so I assume it burned. And, yes it was messy!! Very happy with the Nexguard.
    Good to hear Mary, I hate trying new stuff on my dogs… makes me nervous

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  10. #10
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    lexterwayne's Avatar
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2,293
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    At the clinic I work for we sell nexgard,comfort is and frontline. That is weird that ur clinic stopped selling frontline because not alot of people have a problem w ticks, just fleas. Nexgard is supposed to be the next big and upcoming product for merial. Our sells rep said the ONLY side effect they have seen in dogs is they throw up after. But if they do u would have to give another dose to them. We are a busy 6 Dr practice and we have not heard any negative side effects from our clients. Thai product has only been out for maybe 2 months now. Nexgard has become so popular that it is already on a 6 month back order after being out fprnonlyn2 months, crazy. But yes I would use it on mine if I had a flea and tick problem

    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

  11. #11
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    At the clinic I work for we sell nexgard,comfort is and frontline. That is weird that ur clinic stopped selling frontline because not alot of people have a problem w ticks, just fleas. Nexgard is supposed to be the next big and upcoming product for merial. Our sells rep said the ONLY side effect they have seen in dogs is they throw up after. But if they do u would have to give another dose to them. We are a busy 6 Dr practice and we have not heard any negative side effects from our clients. Thai product has only been out for maybe 2 months now. Nexgard has become so popular that it is already on a 6 month back order after being out fprnonlyn2 months, crazy. But yes I would use it on mine if I had a flea and tick problem

    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much for your input… I didn't know that it was brand new!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #12
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Location
    Quincy, Florida, United States
    Posts
    422
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Has anyone used Nexgard on their dogs?!!

    About trifexis... I could show you the same stats about febreeze and other drugs. I volunteer for my county's humane society which uses it on the heartworm neg intakes and have had no ill effects except for a couple of upset stomachs. Just like with human medications, some will have bad effects.

    Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •