Help Needed! Just Scratching or Anal Glands?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda's favorite thing in the world is to have her butt (specifically her curly tail) scratched. She loves it so much that every time you even poke her tail, she starts licking the air.

Recently, she's been dragging her little butt in circles on the floor. Normally, I take this as a sign that she needs her anal glands taken care of, but she had it done at the groomer's maybe two weeks ago. Also, she gets a VERY distinct fish smell when they need to be um... expressed. Which hasn't happened.

And while dragging right now, she does the licking-the-air thing the whole time which leaves me to believe she's just figured out how to scratch her own butt. She also only does it on our super fluffy carpet (great..)

What do you think? Does anyone else's bullie do this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How about yeast or something in her vulva folds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does this at times and it is her 'girl' needing a wipe or her belly down near the girlie region. Banks has a lot of skin in the area so I consider it like the tail pocket, have to clean/wipe that area every day

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Hmmm everything seems to be clean when she does it. I'll lookout to see when she starts dragging and whether it's before or after I clean up her tail pocket and lady bits.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My "Frenglish" loves to "scratch her tail/butt! She will sit on my foot, or on a toy, and just go back and forth, back and forth. I took her to the vet, and her anal glands were clean, she has no tail pocket-everything is clean. she has been doing this since she was about 6 mo. old. It's just a silly habit with her. I have a donkey, who will back up to you from 20 feet away-just to get her butt scratched! She looks like she is lining up to kick-but never kicks!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola does the same thing, She's just very very bossy. (we're all clean down there and up in there)

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
It's difficult for them to get back there.
They all see to relish a good butt scratch.

fhsiu

Feb 23, 2014
My EB does the same thing. I just got her analysis gland cleaned out. Only at nighttime she drags her butt and lick the air. I then massage her butt and then she will stop. I cleaned her every night . She's probably the cleanest dog on the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbc

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.