Foul Smell!?!

Alicia Del Rosario

Mar 1, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yogi
I rescued a 22 month old EB and I've bathed her three times and she still smells! She is also shedding like I've never seen; it's coming off by the handfuls. Our house smells when we come home because she is inside and in her crate. She sees the vet tomorrow but I'm wondering if something more is going on; the people weren't obviously honest about her as she is scared to death of things and also has never had a collar on her so therefore I have to carry her around. Poor thing!  I guess I'm worried if she has something can it spread to my other EB or my 3 year old son?

This is her when we picked her up
9utetyzy.jpg

And her and my baby Yogi getting to know one another
e4y5uge7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm going to bet that first and foremost it's her food. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] is the perfect person to chime in on this. What is she eating? Even though it MIGHT be a high quality food...it might not agree with her. So #1 thing on my list would be to work on slowly changing her over.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with Cheryl, it's probably her food and maybe allergies. How are her teeth? It could also be from not having her teeth cleaned, or anal glands? It could be skin issues, yeast, or even her ears. The vet may be able to find the source of her odor.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
maybe yeast?! i know this is very common in english bulldogs and that REEKS. I would look in all her skin folds and bottom and paws to see if there are signs on it. If not then yes possibly food. :]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I rescued a 22 month old EB and I've bathed her three times and she still smells! She is also shedding like I've never seen; it's coming off by the handfuls. Our house smells when we come home because she is inside and in her crate. She sees the vet tomorrow but I'm wondering if something more is going on; the people weren't obviously honest about her as she is scared to death of things and also has never had a collar on her so therefore I have to carry her around. Poor thing!  I guess I'm worried if she has something can it spread to my other EB or my 3 year old son?

This is her when we picked her up
9utetyzy.jpg

And her and my baby Yogi getting to know one another
e4y5uge7.jpg

What a sweet little face!!! Yep... agree with others, food could be the issue. also, when bathing did you make sure under the tail and nose ropes are dry?

OP
Alicia Del Rosario

Alicia Del Rosario

Mar 1, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yogi
Well vet has diagnosed her with severe bacterial infection! Started antibiotics and ointment on her face. I'm very upset that these people were not forthcoming and didn't take proper care of her! So now I've got a project ahead of me to get her over this

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.