Geno is limping after rabies shot

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Geno got a rabies shot yesterday, and he is in a lot of pain in that leg today. He is limping, doesn't want to go upstairs or play. There is no bump or sore at the injection site but im still worried. I called the vet they said call them back tomorrow if it's not any better. Any thoughts?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If there's no swelling, doesn't sound like it's from the shot. Or he may of pulled it when they were trying to give him the shot. I would keep him crated for a day and see it that helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If there's no swelling, doesn't sound like it's from the shot. Or he may of pulled it when they were trying to give him the shot. I would keep him crated for a day and see it that helps.

Agreed.... Rest him for the night and see how it is in the morning

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
I think the rabies shot is intramuscular not intradermal. That might be why it hurts but I have never had a dog limp after one.

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Good news! He is much better today. Running around like usual, no limping. Guess it was just one of those weird things, but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks ya'll.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's good to hear, every one in a while Buster will start limping for one reason or another too and then it's gone the next day..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.