Allergic Skin Disease

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Just got back from the vet with Holly, she has a bacteria only ear infection and they gave us some EasOtic to squirt in her ear once a day.

But what's really grinding my gears is Holly now apparently has a "history of allergic skin disease" according to the latest jibba jabba the vet sent home with us. I guess that's a high powered way to say she has allergies. This strikes me as odd because the vet has never said a word about a "skin disease" before to us. The only thing the vet has ever said about her skin is "Holly has a really beautiful coat" the vet has repetitively said that. Not too brag but to make a point of hypocrisy. Now Holly has a disease! Well if she has a disease it must be un-curable because she's not on any meds for it!! :evil:

I know all this wont amount to a hill of beans but I guess Hollys "skin disease" is now apart of her official medical records and the pet insurance company will take the liberty to screw us if necessary in the future. Maybe I'm just overreacting but this just feels like :censored::tapfoot::nonono::angry:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If you had insurance prior to the vets comment, it should be fine. If you plan on getting insurance, then yeah- you're SOL :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If I were you I would ask your vet about that comment, and remind him that he's always said her coat was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is confusing, yeah if you have not got insurance yet that will not be covered so I would take Lisa's advice and speak with the vet

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not over reacting at all.... you just got screwed, offically.... in my opinion.

OP
HTX Bully

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
We got Holly on insurance when she was very young, less than 10 weeks old so maybe we'll be okay. I'm very skeptical of insurance companies in general, not just pet insurance. I sometimes think I should start my own insurance company (if possible) cuz it's a great gig if you have it. All you do is collect and if someone is in a time of need for their "insurance" you simply deny them and if necessary drop their coverage! :lol:

Think I will definitely bring this up to the vet. There is a bully approved vet close by that we could change to as well. :think:

Members online

No members online now.