Reddish brown gunk in nose rope

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ok so there have been no changes in her diet or anything out of the ordinary for ms porky. I was cleaning her nose rope the night before last and the paper towel was reddish brown there's no smell and it's not blood. I'm confused I deal with yeast more frequently than id like but this isn't yeast. Any ideas what it could be?
u9a5y9ad.jpg
byhemu8y.jpg

RIP all the bullies who got their wings to soon u were all loved

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Jovi gets this in her wrinkles and she is even losing hair with it too. I factored it is yeast seeing as how it looks like the rest of her areas with yeast. So everynight I wipe her with chlorhedidine wipes and it has been clearing up tremendously. So just treat her with yeast products and you should be good. It will def be an ongoing thing so even if it clears up you should still be treating it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate gets this too b/c his nose rope is kinda deep. I have to make sure to clean it out regularly b/c once it was so bad it turned into an infection and the vet told me sometimes they have to remove the nose rope (?!) or something like that if it gets bad. Like April said, just be as diligent as possible w/regular wipes/cleaning in that area and i'm sure Porky will be okay.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
That's the thing that's confusing me tho she gets yeast it's usually yellowish sticky and smells like yeast she hasn't had it in a while then bam this brown stuff showed up lol if it's just yeast no big deal i will just keep using the panalog it's just never been brown before so it's confusing me lol and it doesn't smell like anything it's weird

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
maybe it is a different kind? i am not sure. I know when i searched the yeats issues it always came up this color. but then again there may be different kinds of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Allergy season.... It can get yeasty , but that is from allergies, Nitshcke used to get it all the time in the spring

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue sometimes get that in his nose rope too. I thought it was yeast and douxo always clears it up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mostly just dirt and sometimes allergies can make it a little worse. Some of mine with deep nose ropes will get like that. We just clean it out with baby wipes and then dry it. Sometimes I will use Mal-A-Ket wipes on it.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It's probably allergies. Punkin's ropes are pristine in the winter, but so bad in the warmer months. If we don't tend to them daily, they'd lose fur and would go raw, then he'd scratch. We make sure we clean and dry them, then apply some desitin.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It's probably allergies. Punkin's ropes are pristine in the winter, but so bad in the warmer months. If we don't tend to them daily, they'd lose fur and would go raw, then he'd scratch. We make sure we clean and dry them, then apply some desitin.

Hers get pretty bad sometimes all winter I've cleaned them nightly so that's y I was so shocked to see that it hadn't even been 24 hours since I last cleaned it n we haven't changed her food but we have been in the 50's the past few days so I'm leaning with everyone on the seasonal allergies!!!! :)

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
maybe it is a different kind? i am not sure. I know when i searched the yeats issues it always came up this color. but then again there may be different kinds of it.

lol idk everyone says yeast so that's how I'm treating it :) but now I'm wondering what the heck the other stuff she gets is lol it's thick and yellowish (sry to any guys reading this lol) but it literally looks like female discharge from a vaginal yeast infection n has the same odor!!! This doesn't smell it doesn't bother her I only found it by her routine cleaning maybe the other stuff is what it looks like at the very beginning and because of the warmer weather this just advanced quicker :) who knows lol

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Looks like yeast to me too. Clean it, treat it and keep it dry. Those moist areas can get yeasty once the weather warms up. Yellowish stuff sounds like infection.

Right but she never lost her fur and it never got red and one night of panalog ointment seemed to nip it in the but

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.