Is this a bite???

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I just gave Diesel a bath and saw this!!! What is this? Is all puffy and red. Is just this one part. He is not licking it and it doesn't seam to bother him. He sometimes gets irritated between toes but never ever like this!
I had few wasps flying outside yesterday and I am wondering if he stepped on one? Can that be? Should I give him Benadryl? He takes metronidazole since Tuesday. This would not cause him that right? Just that one part of his foot.
abytu4em.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June has never had one, but from reading on EBN for a few months it looks like an interdigital cyst. I believe you can soak their foot in warm water mixed with epsom salt. I think it's fairly common... i'm sure someone will be more helpful :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It looks like an interdigital cyst to me. A really big one. You can try warm Epsom soaks.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Oh gosh!!!!!!!! Ok so I guess soaking it is!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... it does look like a cyst, but i might be a sting like you said. ... as Rosalie stated, soak in warm epsom salt to reduce the swelling. If it is a cyst, they normally are from a food allergy... I would not try to pop it or anything, just saok to reduce the swelling

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
So those cysts are common in bullies? I had no clue. How often do I soak his foot in Epsom salt water?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby, try and soak it for ten minutes at a time twice a day if you can.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Ok I've been reading now about it and it does look like an interdigital cyst. It doesn't bother him. I am going to soak his all feet in the Epsom salt now and I have some douxo wipes, I will clean it with it afterwards.

Thank you so much

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Ugh so I soaked his paws , all of them. Thought it would be just easier to do it in the tub. Now he is bleeding from another spot on a different paw. In between toes! I just cleaned it all up. I got antiseptic skin cleaner so I cleaned it with it. I am getting frustrated and wondering if I should bring him in to the vet?

B

Baxter Tiberius

Ugh so I soaked his paws , all of them. Thought it would be just easier to do it in the tub. Now he is bleeding from another spot on a different paw. In between toes! I just cleaned it all up. I got antiseptic skin cleaner so I cleaned it with it. I am getting frustrated and wondering if I should bring him in to the vet?

The vet told me to use Neosporin or some topical antibiotic on it. Not sure why. Nobody above seems to comment that it's a minor skin infection. But if it is, that should handle it. Baxter has a couple small ones. I was going to give it a try.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
The vet told me to use Neosporin or some topical antibiotic on it. Not sure why. Nobody above seems to comment that it's a minor skin infection. But if it is, that should handle it. Baxter has a couple small ones. I was going to give it a try.

Ok I will do that then. Thank you!!!

B

Baxter Tiberius

I wish I could determine that its an infection, but I don't think they are. So I am not 100% sold on my vets neosporin idea. This seems more like an inflammation of the skin. Probably due to not being cleaned very often. I would think alcohol rub and keeping it dry would work best. With some sort of cortaid cream for inflammation. That's my uneducated guess. I'll have to do some more reading.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ouchie!!! They are usually caused by bacteria, and can also be triggered by allergies due to paw licking. The soaks will help reduce the swelling and yes I think the douxo will help too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wish I could determine that its an infection, but I don't think they are. So I am not 100% sold on my vets neosporin idea. This seems more like an inflammation of the skin. Probably due to not being cleaned very often. I would think alcohol rub and keeping it dry would work best. With some sort of cortaid cream for inflammation. That's my uneducated guess. I'll have to do some more reading.

You are not far off.... They are normally related to allergies Nd they lick the paw causing the bacteria build up in which just makes it a party in between the toes for the inflammation. Warm foot soaks with Epsom salt and even perpetration-h can reduce the swelling. Then the fun part is finding the allergy that is causing the licking to stop them from coming back. Nitchke was rice... Once we got that out of his diet he never got another one. Banks is grass/weeds so it is a constant battle, however because I wipe her paws after each outside venture, they are very few and far between and I can see them forming and get them treated before they really get started. Spring and fall are her time to see them 'blooming'

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.