Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a bite???

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Is this a bite???

I wish I could determine that its an infection, but I don't think they are. So I am not 100% sold on my vets neosporin idea. This seems more like an inflammation of the skin. Probably due to not being cleaned very often. I would think alcohol rub and keeping it dry would work best. With some sort of cortaid cream for inflammation. That's my uneducated guess. I'll have to do some more reading.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Is this a bite???

Ouchie!!! They are usually caused by bacteria, and can also be triggered by allergies due to paw licking. The soaks will help reduce the swelling and yes I think the douxo will help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I wish I could determine that its an infection, but I don't think they are. So I am not 100% sold on my vets neosporin idea. This seems more like an inflammation of the skin. Probably due to not being cleaned very often. I would think alcohol rub and keeping it dry would work best. With some sort of cortaid cream for inflammation. That's my uneducated guess. I'll have to do some more reading.

You are not far off.... They are normally related to allergies Nd they lick the paw causing the bacteria build up in which just makes it a party in between the toes for the inflammation. Warm foot soaks with Epsom salt and even perpetration-h can reduce the swelling. Then the fun part is finding the allergy that is causing the licking to stop them from coming back. Nitchke was rice... Once we got that out of his diet he never got another one. Banks is grass/weeds so it is a constant battle, however because I wipe her paws after each outside venture, they are very few and far between and I can see them forming and get them treated before they really get started. Spring and fall are her time to see them 'blooming'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Roxy
    Likes (Received)

I have Diesel just two months and this is the first time he had any. He did have a irritation once but I cleaned it up and out neosporin on it and next day was fine. It is his back paw and he is not licking or chewing on it . I have my other bully on Benadryl right now cause she got seasonal allergies right now . We love in GA and the pollen are crazy here, cars are YELLOW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads