Help Needed! Bordetella Vaccine

forriverhendrix

Mar 25, 2014
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
FN: River, MN: Hendrix
I've done extensive research on the non-core vaccines to ensure River isn't getting anything where the risks outweigh the benefits and it looks like it's a huge toss-up with Bordetella.

Did your bully get this vaccine? Why or why not? And if so, was it intranasal or injection?? Our vet says she only carries intranasal...

Thanks!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bortadella is a vaccine used to prevent Kennel Cough. Because we knew eventually that Buster was going to spend time with other dogs is why we opted for it. Kennel Cough is a killer and is easily transmittable, that's why we did it. He had the nasal kind done when he received it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with all Phil stated.... We did the nasal early years, but now we do the injection --- our vets choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is another mandatory one down here for use so Harlea gets the injection and Aria gets the spray. It is also required at any bording or doggie day care around us as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If you plan on ever boarding, or doggie daycare, it's usually required. Also, if you're going to have her around dogs you don't know, like in a park or meet-up, it's also a good idea to get it.

Blue had the injection when he was 4 months old. No biggie.

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
They give the nasal because it works faster but I think the injectable is the better type.
Bordatella vaccine is only good for a limited number of strains of which there are many. It is mandatory by kennels for boarding.One of my dogs got the vaccine but still came down with mild kennel cough of which he recovered from with no adverse effects.

I no longer do annuals so therefore I have a sitter come in 4 times a day when we go away.Much safer and my dogs are more comfortable in their own surroundings.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online