Chlorohexidine shampoo

Annabella

May 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella
Good Morning All! I was wondering if using chlorohexidine shampoo would work on Annabella. She has a "smell" about her that only I seem to detect, I asked her vet if she could have yeast and he said "no this is how she smells".... I don't think so!!! At home as I get halfway down the stairs I can smell her, she smells like "old crackers".I wipe her daily and spray her with dog cologne "Stud" and within an hour the "smell" is back. I switched her food to Fromm"s Beef Veg Fritatta and the smell is not as bad as it use to be, I have noticed when I clean her tail pocket it smells like liver...is this normal? she has no sores or rashes but she has been licking her paws lately, any advice would be appreciated. Other than the smell, she is a healthy fun loving love of my life fur baby.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hmmm licking paws is not a good sign. As for the smell i wipe Bifi with water and vinegar solution, almost everynight. Then again they shouldn't smell. let's wait for what the experts got to say :).

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yeah I am about to order the shampoo for my bully. She has a slight yeast problem and for 3 weeks I have been using these pads on her and it is almost completely gone already! so i want to get the shampoo to also help more. I give her 2 tablespoons of yogurt a day and wipe her everynight with http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LO0MGU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 these but somebody on here told me yesterday you can just buy a gallon of Chlorhexidine and soak pads from wallmart in it and wipe them daily its the same thing. So I would start doing that and possibly it will help? good luck! I really think this will work :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can be environmental allergies.... wipe her paws when you come in from outside. Also, my girl did real well on Beef Fritatta and I still give it every now and then, but she has done FANTASTIC on Fromm Pork and Peas and I am going to try the new flavor when it comes out (Lamb and Lentils) these two have no potoates and Banks' has smell/yeast when eating pototo.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Good Morning All! I was wondering if using chlorohexidine shampoo would work on Annabella. She has a "smell" about her that only I seem to detect, I asked her vet if she could have yeast and he said "no this is how she smells".... I don't think so!!! At home as I get halfway down the stairs I can smell her, she smells like "old crackers".I wipe her daily and spray her with dog cologne "Stud" and within an hour the "smell" is back. I switched her food to Fromm"s Beef Veg Fritatta and the smell is not as bad as it use to be, I have noticed when I clean her tail pocket it smells like liver...is this normal? she has no sores or rashes but she has been licking her paws lately, any advice would be appreciated. Other than the smell, she is a healthy fun loving love of my life fur baby.

Last year Barkley had what the vet thought was environmental allergies. He had a thinning patch of fur on his back and the skin was really dry and flaky and he was licking his paws a lot. The vet recommended this shampoo and it worked wonders! The thinning patch was gone after a month or so and he stopped licking his paws too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online