Cryptorchidism

bmacs

Apr 1, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulric
Hey everyone :)

I have a 10 month old EB who is a cryptorchid. We know that the testicle which is still inside needs to come out soon, but the vet is giving us some gruff because my husband really would like to keep the one that is normal attached to his body. Has anybody else had this problem with either a crypto or their vet insisting on taking both? He has no behavior issues; doesn't spray inside, no humping, non-agressive, he gets along with his blended family of a schnauzer and 2 boston terriers one of which is a female.

I really appreciate any info or advice

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not have experieince with this, but I am sure a member will be along that might have some advice for you.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson had a testicle that didnt drop. We had both removed due to the risk of cancer from the one that didnt drop. And honestly he would have looked really funny full grown with only one

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
It will lower his chances of cancer if both are removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, if you take one, take both, it is healthier for him to be neutered.

OP
B

bmacs

Apr 1, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulric
Thank you so much for your advice; it's what I figured. Now to figure out a way to convince the hubby that it's the best thing to take both.

Capt Swirley

Jun 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tango
Hey everyone :)

I have a 10 month old EB who is a cryptorchid. We know that the testicle which is still inside needs to come out soon, but the vet is giving us some gruff because my husband really would like to keep the one that is normal attached to his body. Has anybody else had this problem with either a crypto or their vet insisting on taking both? He has no behavior issues; doesn't spray inside, no humping, non-agressive, he gets along with his blended family of a schnauzer and 2 boston terriers one of which is a female.

I really appreciate any info or advice

Perhaps the most important reason is that it is a hereditary trait. Allowing him to keep the one "good testicle" could allow for him to pass on this unhealthy trait.

Capt Swirley

Jun 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tango
Perhaps the most important reason for removing the one "good testicle" is that it is a hereditary trait and not doing so could allow it to be passed on in the breed.
I just found out mine has one, and the surgery cost is an extra $100. ... Maybe ask for prosthetic "balls" to be added to make your husband feel better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.