Other Possible Obstruction this time.. sigh..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Last Thursday night, Blue broke his Kong toy before we had a chance to cut out the squeaker, and swallowed it. It's pretty big this time. A large round rubber piece, with a smaller protruding plastic attachment. He gagged on it, but managed to get it down.
He's been acting fine, eating, drinking, playing and pooping. Then two nights ago, we woke up to gagging sounds. He threw up some thick liquid. Last night he did it again. It's been five days and it hasn't passed.

Called our vet, she said take him to the hospital.

So now just waiting for hubs to get home. Can't believe this happened again and it's completely our fault. Why we thought he wouldn't break it as quick as he did is beyond me:facepalm2: .
I'm a complete wreck. Just the idea of how bad this could end is scaring the hell outta me. Just need reassurance, he's gonna be ok, right? :girlcry:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh boy, why do the silly buggers keep on doing stupid things??? I'm sure he's going to be fine. I have paraffin in the house just in case I think Voitto gets obstructed. He's eats everything.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no! You have a good vet, I'm sure everything will be fine. Good thoughts sending your way and your baby!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no, I'm sure Blue is going to be fine. I will be praying for you guys. Maybe they can see where it is in his tummy and let him poop it out :pray:. Let us know as soon as you can. These bulldogs are going to be the death of us I swear it!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feel your pain, I sure hope that it's working it's way through on his own! Sending prayers to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, so sorry. Dozer does the same thing, he has eaten 4 socks, and a dish cloth, and has always managed to pass it. On 3 occasions he showed no signs at all, ate, peed, pooped, and played normal, and on the other occasions he showed signs of being lethargic, vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling from his mouth. He has taken from 1 week to 1 month for the last sock he swallowed before he passed it. He will probably pass it on his own either by throwing it up or pooping it out. Keep an eye on his poops to see if he passes it. I'm sure he will be fine. The object is rubber so is smooth, so there isn't any risk of it poking him or perforating anything inside. He should be able to pass it out, but it could take a while. I hope Blue is okay, and I'm sending hugs, love, and prayers that he is able to pass it soon. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH NO!! Not Blue.... so sorry this happen again! They are so fast it is almost impossible to stop them..... he is going to be just fine and you will be Blue-proofing the house later tonight.

Prayers and positive thoughts heading to you and sweet Blue. Keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness… sorry hon, I've been crazy busy this morning!!!

Everything is going to be just fine… you have a wonderful vet, and I know he's in good hands. Plus you know that all of EBN is sending hugs and prayers your way pronto… :pray: Just hang in there, and keep us posted!!! :hug2:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
oh no, not again! I'm so sorry, please let us know what the vet says. My prayers are with you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thinking of Blue and you right now. I know you're so worried, but try to keep optimistic that everything will be okay and Blue will be able to pass the squeaker on his own.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.