Other Possible Obstruction this time.. sigh..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Any news? I'm going to be in/out tonight…

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Blue, you're going to drive your poor Momma insane!

Honey...I know you're sick inside, sorry I was mia today
but praying for Blue and y'all right now and continuing
until we hear he's okay.

Hoping for passage, it can take awhile before doing so.
So glad you saw him swallowing it and KNOW the issue
going on. Sending big, loving hugs and knowing Blue will
come thru this too...he's tough & so are you! Love y'all.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Just got back. So they took an x-ray and did blood work. The blood work was "ordinary" and the x-ray didn't show any obvious intestinal blockage. "There was one area in the stomach that was suspicious but not definitive for gastric foreign material". Quoted directly from report.

The Radiologist was gone for the night (we didn't get there until after 5) so we have to go back tomorrow morning. Was told that depending on what the radiologist sees in the x-ray, we'll need to do an endoscopy or an ultrasound.

They also gave him two injections. Cerenia for ant-vomiting, and something called Famotidine which is a gastroprotecant. No idea what that means.

Thank you so much for your support, well wishes and prayers everyone. It makes it easier to handle. :grouphug:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus was just on famotdine when he had his partial obstruction. Apparently they can get bacterialsl infections (which he did) from the foreign body and this helps the stomach. I hope all is well tomorrow. I will be thinking and praying for you.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for update, will pray Blue passes it tonight.
Poor you & Hubs, try to rest Sweetie and let GOD keep
all of you safe & blessed~Much love sent your way <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending hugs & prayers to you & Blue!!! Hopefully he will just pass something by tomorrow… keep us posted!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for the update, [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]. Will be praying and sending out positive thoughts and vibes to you guys. Famotidine is also known as Pepcid; it's what's called an H2-blocker and is used in treating things like ulcers and GERD (or gastroesophageal reflux). Hoping that Blue will pass the object on his own soon.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2555]Brutus[/MENTION] [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] thanks for the info. on the Famotidine.

We took him back this morning, the radiologist didn't see anything on the x-ray either. The vet we had this morning thought he probably passed it, but both me and Chris insisted he didn't. So they did an ultrasound and guess what? there it was. Even the tech said it was a Kong squeaker without knowing what he was looking for.

They were ready to send him home since he had no real symptoms and the x-ray was fine. But we knew better and insisted on the ultrasound. When the vet came out and said "you were right", I wanted to scream "I told you!!". So yeah, very important to go with your gut instinct!

So now he's scheduled for an endoscopy since it's in the stomach, and hopefully they'll be able to get it out that way. If they can't, then it's going to be full on surgery.

I'm trying to stay calm but it's very hard. The fact that he's going under is terrifying. I know it's an excellent animal hospital. It's a non-profit teaching and research hospital with the most modern facilities. They've been around for over 100 years, and I know he's getting excellent care. I mean he had his cherry eye/palate surgery done here. And yet- I dunno, I'm scared shitless and have been crying on and off for the last few hours.

Oh, as I was writing the above, they called.

They got it out with the endoscopy (thank god). He was under for 3-4 minutes total. Vet said he did very well, and they already removed the tubes. She said we can pick him up anytime after 4. Good thing is, his stomach is fine the squeaker didn't do any damage.

Thanks everyone for your support and letting me vent. I've said it before but it's so true, you guys are the best!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank God!!! I'm so happy they got it out and he was only under for a little. You made my eyes water, I can so feel your nervousness, I would be EXACTLY the same I'm sooooooooooooooo happy for you and little Muffin boy. :whew:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank God!!! No more squeeky toys for MR. Blueberry Muffin!!! I don't think any of us can take any more drama! I'm so happy he didn't need surgery. :whew:

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank You, GOD for Your mercy & compassions for our silly,
beloved bullies and the shelter & safety in the shadow of Your
Hand that holds us together in fearful times. Thank You for Blue's
recovery & his parent's gratitude!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's great news! So good that you insisted and they listened! So nothing smaller than his head for toys from now on???

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Great news!!! Thank goodness you didn't listen to them! so happy for you and your little man!!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm so glad you're baby is doing better. It's so crazy what they will swallow. My Bulldozer stole a corn cob at a cook out once, I had no idea and he hacked it up 4 days later!! Crazy dogs

Members online

No members online now.