Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bilateral alopecia & Katy/Houston vet

@brileythebully sorry I'm late to this. It does look like seasonal Alopecia to me too. It will go away on it's own, and some say that taking melatonin will help speed up the hair growth. As the vet goes, Todd @Marine91 has pointed you in the right direction. Brittmoore Animal Hospital is a great bully vet. Dr. Dikeman is just awesome. He is the one we use for our bullies, but Dr. Kampschmidt is great too, I just like Dr. Dikeman's bedside manner, if you will. He is just an old school vet, but knows his stuff. You can't go wrong with either one of them. But I would worn them about his aggression issues with vets.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Dominique
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Briley
    Likes (Received)

@Davidh thanks a bunch!
    I will warn them, I always do and judge if I should go for the appointment based on the vets mannerism about it, because to me it is a big deal. His aggression is surprisingly not toward the vet, it's toward the large group of strangers in the waiting room and especially if children are nearby, but if he is set off before seeing the vet the vet can become his point of frustration (if that makes sense) he's just very scared and anxious in new surroundings and with new people and other animals and it turns into aggression. My vet in San Antonio actually helped him a lot, he would take him to the back to "meet groups of new people" without me there because my anxiety transferred to briley and he was always very very mindful which is one thing I am looking for in a vet and he even recorded his behavior to see changes.
    I just want someone who cares and based on the above posts and google reviews dr dikeman seems GREAT! The one and only vet I've seen in houston upon my moving back muzzled him immediately, didn't touch him, didn't speak to him, the tech wouldn't go near him, etc. this was BEFORE they knew his behavior because they hadn't even gotten his chart yet!!! And briley was very very good, I know for 100% he just wanted to be their friend. He didn't bark, growl, look scared, cower, etc. (his aggression is very random, it's almost like he's bipolar)

Wow, sorry for the novel everyone I lost track of myself haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The only thing I've heard of is sunlight can help with it too, it's common for it to show up during winter from lack of sunlight. Don't know how true that is, but it makes sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads