OLDEST EB

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
not quite sure were to post this?

Took my EB we just rescued for a Checkup,She was used for breeding and the Vet tried to talk me into spaying her.

She will be 7 in September as had 3 litters.

My question is what is the oldest EB on here and is she spayed?
or intact?

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
I've known some that were around 8&9 years old and were spayed. She will be healthier if she's spayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
She is going great. Just a bit slower these days. Still has her crazy bully moments. She has a few lumps on her tummy which would be more of a worry having surgery than leaving them there. Iv always had a vet who has been a bulldog owner so im very lucky. She is aware to every trick there is to apply creams to any part of her. She can sense a toe nail cutting from a day before. As for getting any form of tablet to her if you have any idea please let me know she has caught on to ant trick i have. lol. She is still a puppy in her eyes. I just have to wait for her some times lol

Brilloluna

Jul 20, 2014
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cricket (2014-) Willa: (2001-2013)
My Willa was 3 weeks short of 12 years.. She was spayed. I once heard of someone who had a 13 year old english bulldog, but i never met it, so can't verify that.

FANNYSMAMA

Sep 21, 2015
ID
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fannie Mae
I have a 3 year old EB that isn't spayed. She's going to the vet tomorrow as I suspect that she has Pyometra. I'm terrified! If you're not planning to breed your EB, then spay her and save yourself this worry...

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I breed my oldest bulldog 1 time when she was two... she will be 8 in January.. i called my vet to have her spayed but my vet called me a few days later to ask why i choose to do it now.. i said i recently took in a rescue that was a male and haven't had him fixed yet (planning too) but thought i would go ahead and do her also.. My vet told me she didn't have a problem doing it but just wanted to let me know that at her age that there was more of a risk putting her under and doing it.. after more conversation about it i decided not to but there are also higher chances of uterus infections to keep watch with as they get older when they have not been spayed.. It is another reason i love my vet.. she didn't have to call me about it.. my old vet would have just done it and took my money with not questions asked... she a great vet.. how she lives forever.. lol..

FANNYSMAMA

Sep 21, 2015
ID
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae had emergency surgery this morning. I was right about the Pyrometra. Thankfully, we caught it early enough that the infection hadn't spread to her other organs. She's home now, but she's having a tough time. She'll get better, it's just breaking my heart to see her so uncomfortable. She won't lay down though. Any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fannie Mae had emergency surgery this morning. I was right about the Pyrometra. Thankfully, we caught it early enough that the infection hadn't spread to her other organs. She's home now, but she's having a tough time. She'll get better, it's just breaking my heart to see her so uncomfortable. She won't lay down though. Any suggestions?
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. May have some ideas

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Benedryl may help her rest but if she doesn't rest soon I would call the vet, just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=14835]FANNYSMAMA[/MENTION] Sorry I'm late to this, but hopefully she is feeling better now. Usually the pain meds help them relax and sleep, I guess it didn't help with her. As far as people concerned about spaying an older bully, it really depends on the bully, how healthy they are, are they over weight and so on. If you have a good bully vet, they can advice you if it is a good idea or not. The chance of them getting Pyometra goes up the older they get.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
we have a little yorkie that we didnt get spayed till she was 3 after she had a litter of pups.. we took her and one of the male pups to be fixed at the same time.. it was so much harder on her.. the male i understand not as bad but she whimpered all night.. i called vet that evening we brought her home and told them i thought she was still in pain.. of course this is the old vet place i use to have, they just said well we gave her pain medicine.. she is almost 10 now and to this day she pants alot.. ever since her surgery.. not sure if there is a connection but it was tough on her having it.. once the night was over she seemed better..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.