Help! Patch of hair missing :/

Miss Daisy Duke

Mar 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Daisy Duke
Im freaking out! I was playing with my puppy and noticed she was biting herself and when I looked I noticed the area is red, bumpy and hair missing! Ugh! Would could it be?

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140330082500.jpg
    Snapchat-20140330082500.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Snapchat-20140330082624.jpg
    Snapchat-20140330082624.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 136

Koiku Murata

Mar 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea
Hi :) same happened to my bulldog, until we ran into this dog food call "Avoderm". Within 2 weeks of changing to Avoderm, her coat started coming back and by 1st month she had a nice shiny coat! I'm not saying it'll work for everyone the same, but to us, this is miracle food for her coat! Good luck :)
p.s.
i add scoop of pumpkin& non-fat yogurt for her digestion also :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
What food is she eating? Any changes recently ( laundry powder etc ) is her worming up to date, does she licks her paws? Or scratching? Have you checked through her hair for any hotspots?
As it was already suggested it looks like allergy related -you just need to rule out what exactly have caused it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be a number of things.... how old is Miss Daisy?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Though she is young-she may need her anal glands cleaned, her tail pocket(if she has one) cleaned. She may have gotten a bite, hotspot, mange, food allergy-I know I have said it so many times, but the first thing I always try for things like that is NU Stock.

OP
Miss Daisy Duke

Miss Daisy Duke

Mar 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Daisy Duke
I have been trying different foods with Miss Daisy and she’s currently going through the transition to Taste of the Wild. Everything else seemed to make her go to the bathroom (number 2) a lot!

She did have a 2 baths back to back days because of having accidents in her kennel. Daisy is 15 weeks old, so we are in the process of doing all her shots. Middle of April is when we’re scheduled back to the vet. She doesn’t scratch as much as it seems to be biting the area. Yes, she licks her paws. What does that mean? She has spent the last couple days outside really exploring the yard and getting into things, so maybe that has something to do with it. What are hotspots? Try for NU Stock? How do you clean the anal glads and tail pocket? I usually use unscented baby whipes to washed her faces and in between her rolls.

I’ve very new to owning a puppy so every little thing is freaking me out! Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate all the feedback!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Look on the HOME page, on the right side. The English Bulldog Learning Center. You will see all the helpful things listed. Paw licking is a sign of food allergy. Check by feeling up under her tail, to see if there is an area(like a hole of skin underneath) for a tail pocket.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been trying different foods with Miss Daisy and she’s currently going through the transition to Taste of the Wild. Everything else seemed to make her go to the bathroom (number 2) a lot!

She did have a 2 baths back to back days because of having accidents in her kennel. Daisy is 15 weeks old, so we are in the process of doing all her shots. Middle of April is when we’re scheduled back to the vet. She doesn’t scratch as much as it seems to be biting the area. Yes, she licks her paws. What does that mean? She has spent the last couple days outside really exploring the yard and getting into things, so maybe that has something to do with it. What are hotspots? Try for NU Stock? How do you clean the anal glads and tail pocket? I usually use unscented baby whipes to washed her faces and in between her rolls.

I’ve very new to owning a puppy so every little thing is freaking me out! Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate all the feedback!

no worries on the questions -- it is why we are here!

Next vet visit have them check the spot.... since she is young I was thinking it it might be mange [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] -- lynn would you agree?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
It could be mange-that is why I mentioned Nu Stock-if it is not hereditary mange-it would clear it up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor sweet little girl! Likely it is a flare up or skin infection, but a skin scrape to rule out mange may be a good idea. Especially since she is so young still, it is a little early for her to have allergies. Only other thing I can think of is maybe some of the shampoo didn't get rinsed off on her last bath causing an itchy, or a reaction to the shampoo you are using.

OP
Miss Daisy Duke

Miss Daisy Duke

Mar 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Daisy Duke
I asked her dog trainer last night and he thinks it's just a skin irritation but to keep an eye on it. When we go back to the vet I'll be sure to have her check it out. Thanks for all the replies! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.