Bennie had to go back to the vet again:(

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm so sad:( This morning Bennie's bumps/red marks were back. Same spots as before, mostly under his legs and chest:*( I feel so sorry for him, he kept waking me up last night, probably cos he can't sleep. We went back to the vet earlier and of course the vet we saw last week weren't there. It sucks our regular vet is so far away:( This vet also thinks it's an allergic reaction to something and that it blossomed up again when the cortisone shot he got last week wore off. He's still on Ranceph antibiotics and he got prescribed Prednisolone cortisone tablets today. There were an alternative to give him a cortisone shot that last for several weeks but I felt hesitant against it since he's so sensitive and when the shot is in it's no going back... so I went for the pills:unsure:. It's so hard to make these decisions. I'm so stressed he'll get worse from all of this... antibiotics, cortisone and the tick collar on top of it all:cry:

I don't know what he's so sensitive against all of the sudden, I really hope it is the tick bite that caused it cos I'm at loss trying to figure out anything else:( We haven't changed anything... and it was long ago I tried the food switch on him that made him puke... I went back to his normal food again weeks before this happened. I just don't know:moping:.

I just want my little boy to be healthy again:*(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I can feel your pain as we are going through something similar with Harlea. Has the vet done a culture to check for MRSA? Could it be the tick collar itself that is causing the problems? Sending huvs and prayers your way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I can feel your pain as we are going through something similar with Harlea. Has the vet done a culture to check for MRSA? Could it be the tick collar itself that is causing the problems? Sending huvs and prayers your way.

Thank you:hug: no tests has been done yet... he was fine after the first cortisone shot he got last week so I thought he was going to get better after that, but I wasn't that lucky:( If it doesn't get better after this second try we'll have to take him to the capital city for some tests at our regular vet. They don't think it's any bacteria but we'll see how it goes... It can't be the collar as we got it after his first visit to make sure no more ticks bites him. But I'm stressing the collar will cause other issues:(

I hope Harlea will feel better soon too<3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm very sad, Petra and will pray for him and for you, dear one.
It grieves me that so much has been worrying you, I wish I could
do more but know this, I understand how you feel and I care about
you~Sending big 'ole Texas hugs and renewed prayers that GOD
gives answers & relief from these woes.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's so sad. I too thought he had gotten over all of that. Poor Bennie I really pray and hope these pills will knock this out for good.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
oh no! i know how stressful it is when our little ones are not well. I'm sorry i have nothing to offer just sending you tight hugs *hugs tightly* and kisses and cuddles to Bennie. Hope they find what's wrong with him very soon that he may feel better sooner! the poor little boy :(.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is so stressful when they cant find answers I had a similar problem with my female pug many years ago and she practically lived on cortisone and that is not good either.
Petra I am praying you get some answers to heal poor Bennie. Sending :hug: to you and Bennie

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
So hard to know the right answer.

I would never put my dog/dogs on any type of Prednisone.Sure it makes the Vet look good because there is an instant better superficial appearance that things have cleared up,When in reality it is just the immune system being compromised and being shut down. .

It is more likely an allergic reaction to something and unless there is an infection on the skin, I would use topical treatments diligently.

Of course I speak for myself and am not a Vet

Good idea to get a 2nd opinion.

All my best.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:( I know what you mean about feeling helpless. Hopefully your other vet will have better answers.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What about putting Frontline on Bennie, not a flea collar, maybe this would help. Susan Moore

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone:thanks: Bennie is looking much better this morning and I can tell he feels better too. He didn't wake me up at all in the night but I couldn't sleep well cos I was constantly listening for his breathing. I just hope this allergic reaction is just temporary and that it won't come back again... If it comes back after this cortisone session I know it's not the tick bites, and I'll go from there trying to figure out what else it can be:unsure:

It's hard as it can be basically anything... allergy doesn't necessary have to be from something new...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww Petra in just reading your thread -i want to wish Bennie speedy recovery xxx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs and prayers heading to you and Bennie! Allergies are such a turmoil, as you said it can be anything at anytime.

:hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hugs to you and Bennie- with springtime it is very common for many pet owners. He may require attention at this time of year each year. My vet told me years ago spring is his busy season due to pollens and allergies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] Prayers for you and Bennie. Hoping he gets past this and does well. We are with you in spirit.:heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.