Thread: RECURRENT UTI

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bristol and Luna
    Likes (Received)

Default RECURRENT UTI

My sweet 5 year old female bully has a recurrent UTI . She has done 4 rounds of oral antibiotics. Now our vet wants us to bring her into the office and force fluids then take a urinary sample via a small needle inserted into my bully,s bladder! Has anyone with a bulldog have this experience before? All comments will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RECURRENT UTI

I have no experience with this just sending prayers it all gets fixed up real soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

I had this issue when duchess was 8 weeks and battled it for three months. Have they done a full urine culture with sensitivity testing? IDE say this is a must especially if she has had 4 rounds of antibiotics- the sensitivity testing will identify the bacteria and determine what antibiotic will knock it out. Uti are very tough. Hope everything works out

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I went through this with my girl when she was about 2... It was more extreme as Banks had way too much skin in her 'girlie' area and needed surgery to remove it.

have you tried wiping her after potty? Could she sit too close to the ground when she goes which causes dirt to get in her? Also, you can give a cranberry I'll once a day to help prevent them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

I give raspberry leaf tea every morning ,I pour it on Hilda's breakfast and also some added to her water bowl,given the amount of antibiotics your girl has had I would give a good probiotic also,when she has peed I would clean her with white vinegar mixed with water ,bully's pee so close to the ground uti is almost unavoidable really

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure this isn't the reason for her UTI but I'll throw it out there anyway. Last summer Daisy kept getting UTI. 3 rounds of antibiotics. Turns out it was the kiddy pool. Since she can't clean herself, she was bringing bacteria into the pool. Took the pool away & she hasn't had one since (knock on wood). It's a shame because she LOVED that pool & now she'll just get the sprinklers to cool off instead. Good luck to you.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Pooper scooper
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daisy
    Likes (Received)

having lost our Rescue Bully we only had for one year and had taken really good care of her.Teeth cleaning/b/w clearing up skin infections.
    The one thing that wasn't done was an Xray of her Belly,which would have shown she had Kidney stones causing her incontinence and leading to kidney failure with a huge infection...

If only the Vet had one this.We would have been happy to have it done. Instead of post mortem.

- - - Updated - - -

having lost our Rescue Bully we only had for one year and had taken really good care of her.Teeth cleaning/b/w clearing up skin infections.
    The one thing that wasn't done was an Xray of her Belly,which would have shown she had Kidney stones causing her incontinence and leading to kidney failure with a huge infection...

If only the Vet had one this.We would have been happy to have it done. Instead of post mortem.

Remove Ads