Help Needed! RECURRENT UTI

MARIE

Mar 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bristol and Luna
My sweet 5 year old female bully has a recurrent UTI . She has done 4 rounds of oral antibiotics. Now our vet wants us to bring her into the office and force fluids then take a urinary sample via a small needle inserted into my bully,s bladder! Has anyone with a bulldog have this experience before? All comments will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have no experience with this just sending prayers it all gets fixed up real soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I had this issue when duchess was 8 weeks and battled it for three months. Have they done a full urine culture with sensitivity testing? IDE say this is a must especially if she has had 4 rounds of antibiotics- the sensitivity testing will identify the bacteria and determine what antibiotic will knock it out. Uti are very tough. Hope everything works out

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I went through this with my girl when she was about 2... It was more extreme as Banks had way too much skin in her 'girlie' area and needed surgery to remove it.

have you tried wiping her after potty? Could she sit too close to the ground when she goes which causes dirt to get in her? Also, you can give a cranberry I'll once a day to help prevent them.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
I give raspberry leaf tea every morning ,I pour it on Hilda's breakfast and also some added to her water bowl,given the amount of antibiotics your girl has had I would give a good probiotic also,when she has peed I would clean her with white vinegar mixed with water ,bully's pee so close to the ground uti is almost unavoidable really

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I'm sure this isn't the reason for her UTI but I'll throw it out there anyway. Last summer Daisy kept getting UTI. 3 rounds of antibiotics. Turns out it was the kiddy pool. Since she can't clean herself, she was bringing bacteria into the pool. Took the pool away & she hasn't had one since (knock on wood). It's a shame because she LOVED that pool & now she'll just get the sprinklers to cool off instead. Good luck to you.

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
having lost our Rescue Bully we only had for one year and had taken really good care of her.Teeth cleaning/b/w clearing up skin infections.
The one thing that wasn't done was an Xray of her Belly,which would have shown she had Kidney stones causing her incontinence and leading to kidney failure with a huge infection...

If only the Vet had one this.We would have been happy to have it done. Instead of post mortem.

- - - Updated - - -

having lost our Rescue Bully we only had for one year and had taken really good care of her.Teeth cleaning/b/w clearing up skin infections.
The one thing that wasn't done was an Xray of her Belly,which would have shown she had Kidney stones causing her incontinence and leading to kidney failure with a huge infection...

If only the Vet had one this.We would have been happy to have it done. Instead of post mortem.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.