Irritated left eye with yellowish gunk...

BondiandtheBullie

Aug 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey everyone. Pierogi woke up yesterday with a red left eye and yellowish gunk (like eye snot) around her eye. I have wiped the eye a few times yesterday and again today and some gunk continues to come back.

Has anyone experienced this? I searched the forums and it appears it could either be an allergy or pink eye.

It does not seem to bother her, other than the occasional extra blink. No rubbing etc.

If it does not get better then I am going to take her to the vet tom. Wanted to check here to see if there were any over the counter or home remedies that may be able to help Pierogi out before the antibiotic route.

any help would be fantastic!!

Cheers

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It could be allergies or an infection… if it was my call I would head to the vets. It's hard to tell when it's the eye area, better to be safe than sorry!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I agree, I would go to the Vet and have her eye checked, just to make sure all is ok, maybe give some med. for the eye. Hope all is ok with her Precious Eye. Susan Moore

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since it is yellow in color, I would be at the vet to ensure there is not infection.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.