Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My dog keeps scratching until he bleeds!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My dog keeps scratching until he bleeds!

Thank you so much for rescuing this baby!!! I can't believe someone would just abandon him!!
    Get him on a good diet and get him healthy and he will be a wonderful addition to your family!!
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My dog keeps scratching until he bleeds!

I know you said this was your first EB and you rescued him after he was abandoned...thanks! But, please, please, do a little research on the breed! You will get lots of great info from the wonderful people on here, but you never want to get that info and it be too late! Bulldogs can and will have heat strokes within 15 mins in temps above 70-75 degrees! They cannot be left outside for any amount of time when it's hot or humid. The same goes with very cold temps too. Also EB's have many many different health concerns and issues that most other dogs do not have and that many people have never heard of. That's the only reason why I say to do some research about this breed. You are an angel for saving this baby, and I know you said you already love him and want him to remain part of your family, and giving him the best life you can provide means knowing all the ups and downs and ins and outs of this wonderful, crazy, funny, loyal breed of dog!!
    Oh and I would probably suggest finding a new vet! One with EB experience and knowledge! For your vet to not give you any kind of info about the breed tells me they don't know anything about the breed. And that's the last vet you'll want giving care to your boy!!
    Good Luck and keep us all posted! Any questions or concerns, ASK! Guaranteed you'll get many answers and ideas! That's what I love about EBN!!!!

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads