Drippy Yellow Pudding Weenie

B

Baxter Tiberius

Great title huh?

Not sure how else to describe it. I know what it is. Its the fluid from inside his lipstick container that lubricates the anteater. :w00t: But it looks like yellow pudding dripping from Baxters ding dong. All day long. The stuff dries harder than super glue and my floor has yellow spots *all over* the place after a week. Like 40-60 of them. Its disgusting.

I was told its because he's not neutered. Have any of you noticed these pale yellow pudding drops, and do they decrease with time? The floor situation is getting out of control. It has to be thoroughly cleaned every 5 days. I now am to the point where I take a paper towel and soak it up off the tip of his ding dong just to keep it from oozing out onto the floor.

No infections of any kind. Told it was just raging hormones.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sweet little Baxter and his boy parts! I'm new to dog boy parts with Brutus and it cracks me up when he's sitting there, all comfy, he relaxes and his little wiener comes out. I just tell him to "Put your little wiener away". Brutus is neutered but I notice his has some gross stuff and I make sure i clean it up, I haven't found "drippings" yet.

I just don't know you all walk around with those things. LOL.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes that's exactly what it is and what causes it. I believe it's called smegma? I do not know if neutering will help, but likely it would, I would consult your vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's not neutered and he gets it now and then. We just clean his wee wee daily with baby wipes.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

I just don't know you all walk around with those things. LOL.

Ours dont do that! And if they do start dripping yellow pudding, something's terribly wrong!!!

Blue's not neutered and he gets it now and then. We just clean his wee wee daily with baby wipes.

This is a "by the hour" thing with Baxter. Every few hours he starts dripping all over. If I wipe him off, I have to do it again, and again, and again before bedtime.

I am hoping it dies down after puberty.

"SMEGMA" is a good word for it. Its gross and it smells horrible.

-B-

Sminshall

Jan 4, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arrya
My Frenchie, Augustus, had a drippy weenie as well before he was neutered. It was pretty constant with droplets on the floor. Once he was neutered it went away.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Umm, it shouldn't smell horrible. In fact, it shouldn't really have a smell at all.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Nice description lol. This is what I found on Smegma

HOW TO Treat Smegma in Dogs

It’s a rather indelicate topic, but many of our readers ask for advice on what to do about dog smegma – the yellow or greenish pus that sometimes oozes from a dog’s penis.
Fortunately, this discharge is natural and not usually a sign of any serious problem. But if your dog is constantly licking his genital area, or if he isn’t neutered and produces a lot of the stuff, it’s a good idea to have him examined by your veterinarian.

What is Smegma?

Smegma, which is also known as preputial discharge, is “any substance emanating (flowing) from the prepuce (the fold of skin that covers the penis),” according to PetPlace.com.
“Preputial discharge may consist of blood, urine or pus. The normal dog should have no discharge; however a small amount of whitish-yellow ‘smegma’ can accumulate around the preputial opening, and is not considered clinically significant.”

Mike Richards, DVM, writes on VetInfo.com, “There is a thick exudate, referred to as smegma, which is thick yellow to yellow-green in color and is normal. For some reason, it may seem to suddenly accumulate in larger quantities in some dogs.”

What Causes Smegma in Dogs?

If your dog is producing a large quantity of smegma, these are some of the possible causes, according to PetPlace.com and Michele Hoag, DVM on iLoveDogs.com:

Prepuce problems – These could include issues such as cancer, trauma or a foreign body. “Sometimes a piece of grass or another foreign body gets into the sheath that covers the penis, causing an infection,” notes Dr. Hoag. “If that happens, your veterinarian will have to remove the foreign body or the infection will keep returning.”

Allergies – Dogs with skin allergies sometimes produce abnormal amounts of mucus, which can create excessive smegma. “When the skin allergies are treated, the smegma usually resolves as well,” according to Hoag.

Urethra problems – Tumors, trauma or stones.

Bladder issues – Urinary tract infections, stones, inflammation, tumors or urinary incontinence.

Prostate disorders – Prostatitis (infection or inflammation of the prostate), tumors, enlargement, cysts or abscesses.

Bleeding disorders – Thrombocytopenia (a decreased platelet count) or ingestion of rat poison.

What are the Symptoms of Smegma in Dogs?

PetPlace.com lists the following symptoms of abnormal smegma production in dogs:

Excessive licking
Spotting
Discharge
Swelling of the genital area

How is Smegma in Dogs Treated?

In most cases, normal smegma requires no treatment. But if your dog is constantly licking his genital area or has a heavy discharge, you should have him examined by a veterianian.

Your vet will do the following, according to PetPlace.com:

Perform a complete physical examination, including a thorough check of your dog’s genitals.
Run screening tests including a complete blood count (CBC), biochemical profile and urinalysis to determine if there is an infection or inflammation. If an infection is found, Hoag says it will usually “be treated topically by flushing the prepuce and applying a topical antibiotic into the sheath. However, your veterinarian will probably also want to check the urine to make sure the infection has not traveled farther up into the urinary system, which would require an oral antibiotic treatment.”

Take a sample of the discharge for a cytology (cell) and bacteria culture.

If your dog’s discharge is bloody, your vet may perform a coagulation profile, which is a blood test that checks for clotting problems.

Take X-rays of your dog’s abdomen to see if there are any prostate abnormalities.

Perform an ultrasound for a more thorough examination of your dog’s abdomen.

Can Smegma in Dogs Be Prevented?

One way to prevent an overabundance of smegma is to neuter your dog.
“It is much more common in intact males and neutering will decrease the amount of smegma produced,” Hoag notes.
To prevent infections, you can give your dog a supplement containing green tea, which is known for its antibacterial properties and many other health benefits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is something called smegma which is normal discharge from the penis which is often white to yellow or sometimes even with a slight brownish or greenish color to it. This is of no concern, is perfectly normal, and occurs in most male dogs. It is caused by the bacteria trapped underneath the shaft, and rarely spreads or causes a problem. Most dogs lick it off before it is noticed.

The time to consider it being related to a penile or urinary tract infection is when it leaks from the penis, comes out in larger amounts, or you notice your dog straining to urinate, drinking more water, or excessively licking this area and causing raw skin there. Just keep an eye on his urinating for the next couple of days to make sure, but more than likely, what you are seeing is just smegma.

Best wishes, and let me know if I can help further.

Christine

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Yeah his smells. I can't really describe the smell. Oddly enough, its almost metallic. I was in the gym the other day and .... if you ever grab the weight plates with your hands, smell them after doing that. Thats how his yellow pudding smells. With a slight twinge of "gross" in it. Strange that article above says it may collect at the tip. His drips all over the floor. I already emailed my vet and they didn't have much to say. But the hospital wanted to do an ultrasound on his kidney in December because his kidney numbers were high. Maybe its related. I'll set that up and discuss the smegma with them. It would be great to finally get rid of this junk!

-B-

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
And yet again I am so glad I have a girl dog haha it's always something with these bully boys!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yeah his smells. I can't really describe the smell. Oddly enough, its almost metallic. I was in the gym the other day and .... if you ever grab the weight plates with your hands, smell them after doing that. Thats how his yellow pudding smells. With a slight twinge of "gross" in it. Strange that article above says it may collect at the tip. His drips all over the floor. I already emailed my vet and they didn't have much to say. But the hospital wanted to do an ultrasound on his kidney in December because his kidney numbers were high. Maybe its related. I'll set that up and discuss the smegma with them. It would be great to finally get rid of this junk!

-B-

Well I just decided to wear gloves in the weight room at the gym again… LMAO!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

-B-

I just threw up a little... :blush2:

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

LOL!!!

nxt time you're all in the gym, think of Baxters smegma LOL!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:facepalm: Knew I should not have read this thread. :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.