Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drippy Yellow Pudding Weenie

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Drippy Yellow Pudding Weenie

Pulled Baxter off raw awhile back because he couldn't handle the bacterial load. He was always sick from it, and visibly struggling. So I switched to a cooked version offered from Farm Fresh Pet Foods and that did the trick. Its really amazing food, but you're correct, its 95% protein. Heavy protein.

So what did I do after the last set of high kidney numbers? Someone aptly pointed out to me: If you're on a very high protein diet, you need to be exercising. Or it puts strain on the kidneys. You also need a lot of water. So I upped Baxters water intake in January, and we started going to the park at least 3x a week. Sometimes 5. He runs full steam for at least an hour or two, and gets the most insane workout in. I also added a very basic carb-based kibble so that his protein % decreased, and he got a more balanced diet.

The result? He was no longer skin and bones like on raw. He filled out perfectly. Had more energy. Was "working out" 3-5 times a week, and taking in lots more water.

Yesterday his results came back and the "impending doom" doctor informed me that his kidney numbers are now 100% perfect! She said not only is he not "high" out of range, but he's also not high *within* range. He's dead center on all numbers. This means 100% functioning kidneys with no problems.

I believe the creatinine was high because of the very high protein diet and lack of exercise. His phosphorus has been very high as well, but i found out this is normal in puppies as they are producing bone tissue very fast. So once again Baxter has eluded death! lol

-B-

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

That is great news, Kevin!
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Baxter Tiberius

Also - a little antibiotics seem to knock out the drippy weiner issue within the day. I am going to look into a topical antibiotic instead. Not sure if neosporin would do the trick or not. But in the end - excessive dripping was due to minor topical infection inside the lipstick case.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Baxter has like 9 lives or something!

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Bodie has some smegma for the first time a few weeks ago. I saw a small amount of some slimed almost fluorescent green goo on the floor where he had just been sitting, wiener touching the floor of course! After a lil investigating, I found out where it'd come from and what it was! Bodie's 4 years old and was neutered at 7 mos old. He's never had smegma prior to a few weeks ago. Vets have all said nothing and weren't/aren't concerned. But Bodie does have a history of prolapsed urethras and has had a couple UTI's before.
    However, the smegma never had a gross smell or was "pouring" out! I have enough slimey gunk all over my house, from eye "boogies" to slobber to hair and hair scabs/crusties!! I don't think I could've handled smelly smegma too!!!
    Glad Baxter got his puddin wiener under control!!!!!

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads