Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeing out of control from tick collar!?! Is that possible or a coincident?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing out of control from tick collar!?! Is that possible or a coincident?

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @Petra Wouldn't it be nice if things just went easily? Sometimes I envy people who don't like animals-they must have an easier life.(But I've always thought them selfish...)
    anyway-everyone reacts differently to all meds, and chemicals. If the other dogs have no reactions to them, and it doesn't affect Joey(from the others being around her) I would do as you are doing. I would think that wearing the collar most of the time would be better than not at all. Since you are home with them-you can keep track of any unusual symptoms. It's a case of deciding which choice is worse-the collars or the ticks. We may all have nervous breakdowns....won't we be lucky if we all wind up in the same nuthouse??!!!! Feedstores that sell animal(horse,etc) feeds in the U.S. have D.Earth. Perhaps they do in S.A...... You are not alone-there is always some kind of disaster here in my house,too. Can't win for losing!

Oh ja Lynn, it's never a walk in the park caring for animals, it feels like doing the right thing is always the hardest path to take I grew up always having animals around but they were my parents responsibility even though I was probably the reason most of them were there in the first place, lol. I didn't have any animals for a few years in my mid twenties, I lived alone and I managed to develop A LOT of OCD's during that time Now just leaving the house is a mission I'm stressing about the house burning down, someone breaking in harming the dogs, the dogs finding something they shouldn't and eat it, or them just getting sick when I'm not there, or something happen to me or my husband while we're away so they'll end up in rescues, I stress about EVERYTHING I pull out all the electric plugs, stare at the stove to make sure it's off even though I've switched it off on the wall even. So... yes we'll probably meet at the nuthouse one day

I'll go this weekend and see if I can find that D,Earth here at the farm store, hopefully they have it
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Peeing out of control from tick collar!?! Is that possible or a coincident?

I'm sure glad you figured out the collar. I personally would never use one. My neighbor has one on her dog and I can smell the chemicals from it on my hand even if I pet her bum.

Hope you can find the DE I hear it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I'm sure glad you figured out the collar. I personally would never use one. My neighbor has one on her dog and I can smell the chemicals from it on my hand even if I pet her bum.

Hope you can find the DE I hear it works great.

Ja, I don't want to put it on any of them now but I need to find a way to get rid of the ticks since Bennie had a bad reaction to the bite. Right now I have to choose between two evils I keep coming up with excuses not to put the collar back on them and my husband is not happy... I don't blame him, he paid lots for those collars and for the vet appointment for Bennie. None of the others have shown any signs of side effects and I know I'm stressing for nothing sometimes when it comes to the dogs... I'm hoping I'll be able to find that D.Earth this weekend.

I saw they have the pills you guys have in America for ticks, fleas and heartworm... ours is minus the heartworm since it doesn't exist here... but I'd feel even worse giving them a pill since it lasts for a whole month... at least with the collar I can take it off when ever I want... it's just so hard Gotta get a hold of the D.Earth so I can have peace
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads