Help Needed! Constant "dripping" from mouth, like water...NOT slobber

aluich

Mar 19, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Hey there! Anyone ever experience their bulldog having the problem of constant dripping from the mouth? It's usually after a walk (and I think mostly when it's cold outside) and it goes on for about 3-4 hours sometimes. It makes a mess on the floor and he makes sure to wander around the house so he leaves his drippings everywhere! My wife is a clean-freak and this is driving her nuts. Wondering if something's wrong? He needs his walks because of pent-up aggressive fixations on things like the vacuum and the ice maker! Any ideas?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's drool and Buster does it too sometimes after walking. Part of being a bulldog I think. If he plays really hard with his toys he'll start to do it too. He hates the vacuum too!! Mortal enemy along with the ironing board!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's drool and Buster does it too sometimes after walking. Part of being a bulldog I think. If he plays really hard with his toys he'll start to do it too. He hates the vacuum too!! Mortal enemy along with the ironing board!

Banks too... it is depending on the length of walk too. and the vacuum is also a mortal enemy along with trash bags

OP
A

aluich

Mar 19, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Thanks! Louie drools a lot too but this seems different. It's not thick and slimy like his normal drool. It's like water dripping from a faucet and smetimes last for hours. Very frustrating because it gets all over the floor and furniture. Oh well. Might have to live with it. Thanks for the reply!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Alas, it IS drool. Although my one bully did this when he had an upset tummy and he was swimming in very thin drool.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! Louie drools a lot too but this seems different. It's not thick and slimy like his normal drool. It's like water dripping from a faucet and smetimes last for hours. Very frustrating because it gets all over the floor and furniture. Oh well. Might have to live with it. Thanks for the reply!

drool is not always thick and slimy, it is just like you when your mouth 'waters' for something you enjoy... and as sheishistory mentioned... could be from an upset tummy

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mine only drool like that after a drink or while I prepare their food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

aluich

Mar 19, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Thank you all for the feedback. Guess I worry more than I need to. Just seemed a bit unusual for such an extended period of time. I'l relax. Thank you all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.