Okay so input would be nice about spaying.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
please use isofluorane only as an anesthetic for bullies!! i work with animals and this is the easiest on them, and easiest to recover from, remove the gas, patient comes back to consciousness.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
i am unsure what type they use. do i request it or is it possible they already use that?

I'd specifically ask which one they will use ... actually request they use isofluorane and that other one ... @desertskybulldogs, which one is it again? All I can remember is that it ends with fluorane as well.

I made sure the vet used that, and she appreciated that I asked. Never be afraid to ask! It's better that we find out now than later in case we don't agree with their decision. :yes:

As for the pain meds, they gave us a liquid form that we can save and use at a later date and for other circumstances (such as Punkin's arthritis), so we purchased a bottle.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my vet also did blood work before surgery, but that was routine, but she did offer extra fluids at an extra cost, and I opted for it. She didn't push it, but said it was better for her, as she would be more comfortable and her pain medications could be given to her through the IV. It's not a lot of extra cost, and if it keeps her more comfortable I think it is worth it.

Members online

No members online now.