Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
was there any flaky skin before it went this bad ?-as its usualy start with small flaky rings -its only flaky on the outside of the ring have you checked his skin for more spots that are began to form ?
not sure if this was asked before but is your dog wormed ? , have you changed recently anything -from food to cleaning supplies ?
in Uk vets prescribe for this type of thing prednisolone 5mg x 1 a day then slowly reduced after few days (steroid) combined with amox/clav 250mg x2 a day - this one contains penicillin-so if you are allergic to it use gloves to give the tablets to an animal , make sure your dig isnt allergic to steroids or penicillin before giving him medication -if he is stop giving it (both of drugs are prescription only) , as well as a weekly bath in a medicated shampoo -to see how its goes - it look for me like a sign of allergy , but its also easily confusing with ringworm - how long did he have it?
few of the dogs i had a pleasure to foster had this sort of thing , but with a 7 day course of this medications it all cleared up- i mean the hair started to grow back .I also supplemented them with salmon oil -as i swear by it since Shy had a bald patch on her tail -hair grew back within few weeks of using salmon oil -bare in mind that some bullies could be allergic to it , so monitor any supplementation
failing the course of meds i would suggest skin scarping

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names

Composition: Chicken (dried chicken 21%, fresh Swedish chicken 15%), maize meal, rice, special processed oat (SPC, 5%), maize germ, animal fat, chicken digest, dried Arctic fish, beet fiber, egg powder, potato protein, hemoglobin, lactic acid (0.6%), linseed, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, molasses yeast, yeast (ß-1.3/1.6- glucan, 0.05%), shellfish hydrolysate (contains glucosamine 0.05%), cartilage hydrolysate (contains chondroitin 0.004%).

could he be allergic to the highlighted stuff in the dog food ?
why would you feed large breed puppy food ? bullies are MEDIUM BREED so normal type of food is for them

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
dont worry he wont , i had dogs since i can remember and none of mine ever chocked on dog food , if you are worried you can supervise while hes eating

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Composition: Chicken (dried chicken 21%, fresh Swedish chicken 15%), maize meal, rice, special processed oat (SPC, 5%), maize germ, animal fat, chicken digest, dried Arctic fish, beet fiber, egg powder, potato protein, hemoglobin, lactic acid (0.6%), linseed, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, molasses yeast, yeast (ß-1.3/1.6- glucan, 0.05%), shellfish hydrolysate (contains glucosamine 0.05%), cartilage hydrolysate (contains chondroitin 0.004%).

could he be allergic to the highlighted stuff in the dog food ?
why would you feed large breed puppy food ? bullies are MEDIUM BREED so normal type of food is for them

maize is corn, alot of bullies are allergic to grains (and chicken actually)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Leon van houkje

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I'd like to thank [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] in a open forum instead of sending a private message to show how much good advice people give on this forum.
Leon's hair is starting to grow back after switching to orijen puppy food, I think it's helped been grain free and more % meat content compared to his old food.
When ever I'm back home in the uk I owe you a bottle of wine or a bunch of flowers you saved us big vet bills.
Thank you pati xx
bu4uveba.jpg

Leon is echt en dikke boefje !!!

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Awww you are very welcome x im glad to help any time xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.