Help Needed! Winslow ate some tinfoil D:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
and part of a meatball sub :sneaky2:
Bad, bad parents. We left him out this morning for a few hours, until our friend could walk him and then crate him since it would be a long day that we'd be out. He's usually so good, but we should've known better.

Anyway, we got a text that he had ripped up a chair cushion!!! but i wasn't expecting to see a few pieces of foil on the floor when we got home. I'm not sure how much he ate, if any at all.

What do I do? This sounds like it could be a scary situation.

Call the vet, like what am I waiting for? ugh, I'm not sure who I'm more upset with!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
hmm.. i have no advice regarding the foil, that's a new one. but yeah, I would call my vet.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh, I did forget to mention that he has pooped twice since this morning. So he's got that going for him!
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] I think I'm just gonna do that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH... i'd be more concerned on the cushion? Call your vet and ask about the tinfoil, as i also have no experience with it. Card board, socks, rocks, toys... got ya, but tinfoil is a new one for me too

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Okay. Well that was reassuring!
Hubby tried to dissuade me, but I had to call.

She told me that if he were vomiting, lethargic or had diarrhea then to bring him in, but since it's been some time and he's pooped and is acting normally otherwise that it's possibly it will just break down and pass. Just to keep an eye on him.

It just sounds so unpleasant and I guess I figured it would get stuck or something. Learn something new every day!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Okay. Well that was reassuring!
Hubby tried to dissuade me, but I had to call.

She told me that if he were vomiting, lethargic or had diarrhea then to bring him in, but since it's been some time and he's pooped and is acting normally otherwise that it's possibly it will just break down and pass. Just to keep an eye on him.

It just sounds so unpleasant and I guess I figured it would get stuck or something. Learn something new every day!

:whew:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly.

:D

I really need to catch up on here!!!

good luck with that! i was off for about 5 days due to a very bad sinus infection and I am STILL two days behind :facepalm:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad you called the vet. I wouldn't thing it would hurt him, especially if it's just a few small pieces. I would be more concerned with the cushion stuffing, but since he is acting fine, then he is fine. Like the vet said, just watch him for a few days and look for shiny poop.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]
To be honest I didn't think anything of the cushion! I would have mentioned that too. Sheesh. Probably the same answer though, right? Add fluffy poop to the list of things to look for?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION] true, look for fluffy poop too. :) I remember a month ago I kept seeing a lite yellow poop outside and was wondering what the heck???? I told my wife what I saw and she said, "Oh that must be from Lucy, she eat part of a roll of toilet paper." So it made since then.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Strange dogs, they are.
Haha thank you!

Most Reactions

Members online